PDA

View Full Version : Hope Rita is kind to you guys!

Matt
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Just wanted to drop a note to say I'm hoping the latest Hurricane (Rita) currently heading up the Gulf Coast misses you guys in Texas!

Make sure you backup 8.5 / 9.0 and take the disks with you ;)

Seriously, hope it dissipates before it lands, will be keeping a close eye on Friday when it's meant to land (GMT).

Matt

krimpr
09-22-2005, 04:21 AM
I was thinking the same thing. The Newtek people are my only connection to Texas, so they are the first ones I thought about when I heard that San Antonio may be affected, and pulled out a map. I'll be watching and saying a prayer for all those in the affected areas; those mega storms really suck.

BazC
09-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Best of luck to everyone in her path!

mattclary
09-22-2005, 05:58 AM
It looks like it is probably going to pass a little north and east of San Antonio, which when it comes to hurricanes, means a complete miss. Anything west of a hurricane usually feels nothing, all the bad sh*t is to the east of it. They are pretty far inland too, so worst case they should get a few tornadoes and 40-60mph winds. But I agree with you, Matt, burn the 8.5 and 9 code to a few CDs and send them home with different people. We don't want any accidents!

benhaines
09-22-2005, 06:30 AM
Urrm something tells me they don't keep their sourcecode in one location/building. BC lesson number one :)

Either way hope things don't get too wet'n windy!

Wade
09-22-2005, 07:27 AM
San Antonio and :newtek: are far enough west that damage should be to a min. I have neighbors leaving now to go to San Antonio from Houston/Cypress for shelter. Where it should be a 4 hour drive tops it is taking folks 12 to 16 hours if they do not run out of gas. San Antonio will have a hundred thousand or more evacuees camped out for the next three days from the Houston area. Great folks there take care of my neighbors and thanks.

Thanks all for you thoughts and prayers.

Wade

Chuck
09-22-2005, 08:30 AM
San Antonio and :newtek: are far enough west that damage should be to a min. I have neighbors leaving now to go to San Antonio from Houston/Cypress for shelter. Where it should be a 4 hour drive tops it is taking folks 12 to 16 hours if they do not run out of gas. San Antonio will have a hundred thousand or more evacuees camped out for the next three days from the Houston area. Great folks there take care of my neighbors and thanks.

Thanks all for you thoughts and prayers.

Wade

We have a friend in Galveston that we were expecting yesterday - he left at 2 PM, and at 11 PM called to let us know he was giving up and spending the rest of the night in Houston - that was as far as he had gotten, normally just a 45-minute drive. We're hoping he can get the rest of the way today.

Karmacop
09-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Sorry, I'm in Australia so I'm not too good with American geography, but what's the chance of it missing Newtek but hitting the president's ranch? ;)

ivanze
09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Hehe, good question, Karmacop.

SCS5
09-22-2005, 02:18 PM
One can only hope!!....................PLEASE!! :twak:

T-Light
09-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Good luck guys.