PDA

View Full Version : External Machine control

approd
05-02-2003, 02:38 PM
I am trying to obtain machine control for a Sony BVW 75 through the SX-8. Simply plugging a 9 pin control cable between the remote jack on the machine and the VTR RS 422 jack(s) on the SX-8 does not yeild results.

The machine controller in VT 2 Lists several options for deck input such as BOB RS422-1 on COM 1. Selecting this results in "None" remaining on the deck display. In other words I cannot select the input.

If any of you have connected machines sucessfully to the SX-8 please tell me how.

Paul Lara
05-02-2003, 03:03 PM
You also need to connect your computer's Serial port, using a straight 9-pin cable, to the SX-8 'Serial' connector.

barahn
05-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey Paul,
Is it possible to come out of BOB directly into an LCD projector using the component input of the projector instead of composite in or S in? What are my options?

Thanks, Bill
P.S. - It was great seeing you do demo's at NAB.

Paul Lara
05-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by barahn
Is it possible to come out of BOB directly into an LCD projector

IF the projector can handle component or Y/C video signals, yes.

It was great seeing you do demo's at NAB.

Well, given that it was the first outing for VT[3], I was very happy with its performance in front of a large crowd (you know how sometimes fresh software can get bashful and want to hide). :D

approd
05-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Paul,

Thanks, That's all it needed. Funny I couldn't find mention of this small but significant fact in the Help files for the VT2. Also my dealer had never hooked machines for RS422 control to any system. Go figure.

:)

Paul Lara
05-04-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by approd
That's all it needed.

Glad to have helped! Drop in anytime.