PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of LW working w/ 3DConnexion devices?

AbnRanger
09-21-2005, 12:20 AM
I've considered getting a Spaceball 5000 or SpacePilot (from 3DConnexion) on E-bay or Journey Ed (pricecut for students), and after looking at the list of supported programs, I was surprised to find that Lightwave wasn't listed. 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage XSI, Photoshop, and a large number of others are shown to be supported.
Is anyone using one of these devices in LW, even though it's not listed?

I still use 3ds Max quite a bit, but it would be a bummer if I couldn't use it in LW as well.

Limbus
09-21-2005, 02:51 AM
I think you can get a demo version for a couple of weeks from the manufacturer. I would want to try it out myself befor droping the cash.

Capt Lightwave
09-21-2005, 05:39 AM
I've got one at work, but it doesn't work with LightWave...at least not for me.

I remember vaguely that someone got it working in Layout only tho'.....but it would be gorgeous to use it in Modeler...maybe.

Signal to Noise
05-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I am about to buy the Space Pilot but became apprehensive when I found out it does not support LW. I may still get it for Photoshop and XSI but LW is my main app!

Any word on a possible union between NT & 3Dconnexion?

jaf
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
The Space Pilot even works with Hexagon (which I paid $1.98 during the DAZ sale!) I'm really surprised it doesn't with LW, since the implementation is not supposed to be that difficult.