PDA

View Full Version : Edit loaded particle effects

sonofmickel
09-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I am loading a LW 7.5 .pfx preset onto a partigon emmiter. I am unable to modify any of the controls in the FX Emitter panel. Any help?
My scene is just for trying out different looks on partigons. I have a null at 0,0,0 and partigon parented to the null. The null is offset repeat to continually rotate. I load a .pfx into the FX Emitter panel and it appears to work, but I have no control over any of the parameters. Also, can I color Partigons without HVoxels? The manual says I can, but I have not found any way to do this.
A.H.A.

I have attached the .pfx. Ooops it wont let me upload that file type. Well, let me tell you it is really something special and you will probably not sleep tonight or ever because of not knowing how intricately beautiful the .pfx file will make your whole life.

Dodgy
09-19-2005, 11:09 AM
If you load a pfx file, you have to clear the motion from the emitter before you can edit the settings again. This might not use the settings which were used to make the 7.5 file however.
What you need to do is save the settings using the 'Save' button in the File tab requester, not the save motion. Save motion saves the motion of the particles, Save saves the settings.

sonofmickel
09-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I am hitting the "clear" button and then the whole motion preset dissappears! I get a blank. I have only tried this on a partigon with no HV attached. I believe the preset uses HVs. Is this possible? To use a preset .pfx file that was initially for HVs and use it on a partigon? I do not see why it can not be done, they both use the same parameters, don't they?
I can send you the .pfx if you would like to try it.
A.H.A.

Dodgy
09-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Okay, there are three separate things here.
HV's
The particle's motion.
The Emitter settings.

You can save each separately, and edit them without affecting each other. If you have a motion loaded, it'll be in the filename area of the File tab, and you won't be able to change any of the emitter's settings. To do that you have to clear the motion. if you want the original emitter's settings, you have to use the Save/Load buttons, not save/Load Motion buttons, which only load the particle's baked motions.

As long as particles have HV's activated on them, and the particles are in the camera's view, and the HV's are big enough, then they should render.