PDA

View Full Version : Modifying an object in LW

pilkiwilky
09-19-2005, 07:21 AM
I am having trouble modifying objects that I am working on in lightwave. Let's say I have an object that I am animating and I decide I want to change the model. I open modeler, add a layer and save it, then I hit "Synchronize layout" nothing happens when I go back to Lightwave. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

thanks

mkiii
09-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Well it should work, but the new layer is effectively treated as a new object, and is not parented to the original.

Have you animated the object to move away from its origin, or modelled the new layer somewhere other than at 0,0,0?

Is the layer appearing in the objects list in layout?

I'm assuming that your hub is running, or you would not be able to synchronise, but it might be worth looking at its settings (double click the hub icon & check the settings for abnormalities).

Other than that, have you tried cutting the new layer & pasting it into one of the original layers?

Wonderpup
09-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Hi pilkiwilky,

I think 'load object layer' gets around this- the only problem is that the plugin only identifies layers by their number- so check which number your new layer is first.

MiniFireDragon
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
I have never (from 6.0 up to 8.3) had Lightwave Layout recognize a new layer added in Modeler after it was in Layout. No matter how much I opened and closed Layout. You either have to replace the object or load the object layer like Wonderpup suggests.

mkiii
09-20-2005, 02:57 PM
It works fine if you are using the hub, then save the scene file.