PDA

View Full Version : Opening Lightwave files on a Mac

kiwi dave
09-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Whenever I double-click on a scene or model file, and the hub is already active, the file doesn't open. The hub pops up and thats it. I then have to drag the file over the application in the dock.

Can I tweak something so that the file actually opens as I would like?

Cheers

Dave

toby
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Lightwave generally doesn't work that way, on either platform, you should open from inside the application.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Right click -> open with...

ingo
09-19-2005, 01:55 AM
Without the hub it works fine here, it even opens the actual version and not one of my older versions of lightWave.

riki
09-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah I wish they'd changes this. The input field on the dynamic tab bug me as well.

ramccombe
09-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Whenever I double-click on a scene or model file, and the hub is already active, the file doesn't open. The hub pops up and thats it. I then have to drag the file over the application in the dock.

Can I tweak something so that the file actually opens as I would like?

Cheers

Dave
Open Finder, "get info" on any Lightwave scene file (.lws), select open with other, navigate to the Lightwave application click and add, select change all. This doesn't seem to work with the .lwo files and Modeler.

somnambulance
09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
It does that to me too with objects, not scenes. It has become a habit to just drag the files into the dock.