PDA

View Full Version : Select font

chribba
09-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Hello!

Where do i change the settings for the fonts in VT4,5? I live in Europe (Sweden) and we have diffrent alphabet from the rest of Europe. As i look at the names of my video i capture the font can not show the letters ... not being shure how you see them now either :)

Found this thread also : http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=39567

I get the same result

Any help for me!!!

Thanks
Chribba

Paul Lara
09-19-2005, 07:59 AM
VT[4] provides fully-compliant Unicode support. The problem occurs when the user is using a version of Windows that is from one language but are actually using it in another. One example of this problem that I have seen is a user who is using an English version of Windows XP, but who has set the current language in use as being Danish.

What happens is that Windows looks at the OEM version and sees English and so uses the English code-page translation table to build Unicode characters when, in fact, the user is working in Danish.

NewTek has modified Unicode support within VT[4] to look at the existing language used, instead of the OS-installed language. This will be implemented in a future upgrade.

chribba
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
In my case i have the Swedish WindowsXP Professional installed. It is written with Swedish on the cd, and swdish installationguide from start when i installed it... Is it possible that it is not my version of WindowsXP are the problem here....

Any other ideas?

thanks
chribba

chribba
09-19-2005, 02:54 PM
After some more digging i found what you can see in the picture. In properties it shows the name as it should be but in the filebin it is wrong... Is that an indication of the problems you where talking about Paul?

thanks
Chribba

chribba
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Paul!!

Any news on this yet?

It very strange that VT4,5 shows right in the properties window and not in the filebin... please enlighten me!!

Thanks
Chribba

Paul Lara
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
You can e-mail tech support ([email protected]) and they can send you a file to hopefully correct this issue (which, I belive, relates to the English install of windows, but using a foreign keyboard).