PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Perm. license key !!!!

cpgdallas
09-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Okay...I received 7.0 Lightwave and have transfered the license key with Newtek.
They gave me intructions which I have printed out about where and how to replace the permanent license key.
The instructions Newtek sent was for 7.5 (if that matters) and the file I am supposed to use is nowhere to be found.

I have unloaded and reinstalled the software several times and it's just not there unless I am doing something wrong.

I would like to start using the software ASAP obviously so any help before Monday is greatly appreciated.

Chas.

mkiii
09-18-2005, 03:56 AM
If for some reason, your license.key file does not exist, then all you have to do is create a new one in the same folder as your lightwav.exe app.

It is just a straight text file, so just create a new one in notepad, type in the licence number you have been given, and save it (make sure you have .key as the file extension , and not, .txt), and it should work.

If I remember correctly, with no license key, LW runs in discovery mode. When you first buy & install it, you get a 14 day trial license, in which case it informs you as such, you then register, get a final license number, and put that into the key fiile & you have a full license.

If you are getting only discovery mode, this is a clue that there is no license.
Sometimes a license file is accidentally saved with .txt on the end, so check on that too.
You can have more than one license number in your license.key file, so don't worry if you find it, and there is another number already there. You just need to type your new number on a different line, and the app will find it.

There should be no difference between 7.5 & 7.0 as far as licenses go, but I would advise you to download the 7.5 update once you are up & running because it contains quite a few improvements, and is a free upgrade to 7.0.

Always keep a backup or a printout of your license number(s) somewhere safe. :thumbsup:

cpgdallas
09-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Thank you. I'
l'll give it a shot tonight.