PDA

View Full Version : what on earth is going here?????

KillMe
09-17-2005, 02:02 PM
modeling my character all is well - descided to take character into layout to check how the updates look rendered and suddenly i get wireframe on some parts of the mesh most of it mostly just the belt that isn't - its all in the same layer all perfectly normaly in modeler but to layout its a wireframe cage and it doesn't render in layout :help: i have no idea - what on earth has gone wrong? :help:

FIREGIRL
09-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Hmmm, looks like a virtual memory problem to me. How much free memory do you have in your scene statistics, and how much render memory, object memory and polygons does your scene statistics show? Check your object's display subpatch levels. Looking at the wireframe, it seems really heavy. Also if you have the "unlimited undo" tab checked, make sure it isn't as this will eat up tons of virtual memory and will cause system instability. Try lowering the display and render subpatch level of your object. I suspect they might be up around 10+. Good luck!

- Rachel D.

KillMe
09-17-2005, 03:07 PM
got 1168mb of free ram - render memory is 17.2mb - the object is only set at level 3 and i only have 20 undos =/ - and has 143,000 polys give or take =/

toby
09-17-2005, 06:27 PM
It looks like you have 'Render Outlines' checked in the surface editor - advanced tab.

KillMe
09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
it doesn't render at all =/ that said i fixed it by going back to an old scene with teh previous one then with layour running switched ot modeler topened up the new character copied all the bits i had changed from the last mesh and pasted them in saved and it renders fine again =/

lumi
09-18-2005, 01:18 AM
You must have imported your mesh from another application *103 where there's a bug.
So you have to go to the advance tab in the surface editor, switch alpha back to "Surface opacity" and uncheck "Render outlines" as well as the "E" button

KillMe
09-18-2005, 05:03 AM
pah and i had thought i had found a use for it as a uv editor =/ - thats annoying but i suppose minor price to pay since i actaully like the uv unwrapper - well thanks