PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Brilliant, Fantastic Software.

Aaron_Price
09-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Just wanted to say I am a new user to LightWave only had it since the 9th September. And already with the help and use of the tutorials, on the bonus disk, and a book I bought Inside Lightwave 8. I have delevoped a basic knowledge of the interface with texturing in LightWave, bone rigging, and creating bones, creating smoke with the use of particles plugin created a 250 frame animation lasting about 8 seconds with the smoke.
And already got an understanding about using the polygons about smoothing, altering them using some of the tools.

This might not sound much to a lot of users but developing these skills in 8 days in my eyes is a big success for me and knowing that I am getting to grips with the software slowly pushes me further and learning new parts of it everyday.

I self tought myself Adobe Photoshop and hope to do the same with Lightwave, I tought myself Poser 6 and Vue Esprit as well. I personally belive that the best teacher can be yourself as you can learn at your own pace and understand and grisp the tools of the software by experiencing mistakes and getting to know the tools at first hand. :D

Dodgy
09-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Good to have you aboard! Keep practicing and you'll never get there (I'm still learning new stuff after 8 years :) ) but you will get better :)

kml12
09-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Welcome aboard, learn, learn, learn :thumbsup:

Matt
09-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Welcome aboard, there are tons of free resources for LightWave, best place for tutorials is here: (as well as this site)

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/

For any plugins etc, go here:

http://www.flay.com

Any questions, post them here or on www.spinquad.com and you'll soon learn that LightWave users are the most friendly and sharing of any 3D package!!!

Cheers
Matt

stevecullum
09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Have a great stay!

There a so many ways of doing things in Lightwave that I find something new everytime I use it - and thats everyday for the last 3 years.

:thumbsup:

Axis3d
09-17-2005, 07:31 PM
I've started with Lightwave 15 years ago and never looked back! Great to have you aboard!