PDA

View Full Version : Easy Sparks! anyone?

sonofmickel
09-16-2005, 05:33 PM
I have seen all the sparks tutorials out there. They all kind of do not meet the mark of excellence. Not the tutorials themselves, but the final render stinks. Isn't there a preset or something that we can tweak? 3ds can do this easily-blah blah bah, XSI no problem, Maya consider it done. Lightwave-no go. Attach pertigon etc... I have attached an HV to a partgon emitter(I think this is what I did) and had some success, but it still looks kind of wonky. Good sparks, good sparks etc...
A.H.A.

w_will
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I feel your pain. I use particle illusion, and it fills the bill quite well. It is not LW native as it is 2d, but comps well.

WizCraker
09-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I've never had any problems with sparks with partigon emitter, put a surface on them [gradient to add effect of hot to cold], set a glow on them, then turn on particle blur under camera properties. Render away.

They look as good as the real stuff.

lardbros
09-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Gotta say, i've had MUCH more luck using HV in lightwave than using any other sprite or volumetric system in any other software. I also find the particles are easier to edit and get something looking good.

As WizCraker says, just add a bit of glow and even flying lumps of yellow turd will still look a bit like sparks. :D