PDA

View Full Version : iVGA Does Not Work - HELP!

richpayne
09-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I have two computers running TriCaster iVGA on my network, but my TriCaster cannot see the output from either one of them.

I've seen suggestions of using static IP addresses, but what about a crossover cable? Can I just connect my laptop directly to the TriCaster that way?

About to get fired if I don't get this to work, :help:

-R$ch
[email protected]

jcupp
09-16-2005, 03:37 PM
If the TriCaster is on the network it should be able to see the other machines but beware firewalls etc. A crossover cable will work but you will need to set the ip addresses of both machines manually. Also check that the workgroup name is the same on all the machines in question.

StephenW
09-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Rich-

You did install and fire up the iVGA.exe on the client computer correct?

richpayne
09-19-2005, 08:46 AM
I am trying to hookup a Laptop to the Tricaster.

I have manual IP addresses setup;

I am using Crossover cable;

I have both computers on same domain;

I can see "Laptop" in the "Input Source" dropdown in TriCaster;

When I choose "Laptop", it tries to access it but will not "lock on", and dropdown returns to "Not Connected".

Do I need to have the Display on the Laptop at any particular resolution? I do have the iVGA running on the laptop...

Paul Lara
09-19-2005, 12:19 PM
One other thing to try:
Rename the client computer workgroup to match the TriCaster's named workgroup, and then re-boot them both.

richpayne
09-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I tried a different laptop and it works fine. Apparently there are some networking problems on the first laptop that caused the problem. :thumbsup:

Paul Lara
09-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Some laptops, with multiple NICs or wi-fi, can confuse iVGA. The TriCaster patch coming this month has made big improvements in iVGA "phoning home".

achuakh
09-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Some laptops, with multiple NICs or wi-fi, can confuse iVGA. The TriCaster patch coming this month has made big improvements in iVGA "phoning home".

Yup, the beta release patch worked excellent. I was having the same problem trying to connect even if i could see the client.

It could also be the way the switch works, cos when i moved the setup it didn't want to connect.

mavnick
09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
How do you get the beta patch for iVGA. I can't get mine to work either.

Paul Lara
09-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Be sure that for every internal router the iVGA has to pass, make sure to configure the routers to pass UDP port 5901 and TCP port 5902.

You can e-mail me ([email protected]) if you'd like the beta version of the TriCaster patch!

Blaine Holm
09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Several things to check:

1). Can you see the TriCaster and the other computer on your network?

2). If the TriCaster computer name starts with a number, iVGA will not work.

Blaine Holm
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Also, do not name the TriCaster....'TriCaster'. I know, strange,but true....