PDA

View Full Version : An easy one (I hope) for the LW vets...

safetyman
09-16-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm relatively new to LW, and this one should be easy for the "vets". Every model I import (.obj, legacy .lwo, etc.) has white lines in the shaded wire view, instead of my default dark blue. Any way to make them revert to my default so that I can see them better?

mkiii
09-16-2005, 06:43 AM
All you need to do is select the object, (all polys selected), press i to get the info window up, then select the line colour you want in the dropdown menu at the bottom.

Beware. This may be quite slow to appear if it is a high poly model, but it will pop up eventually.

duke
09-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Alternatively, use the reduce points tool (it scans the mesh and will revert it to the default blue lines). It's under construct tab, use default settings. If the imported model has a UV map unweld the points first, then run reduce points, then weld. So ctrl+shift+u to unweld, construct->reduce points, m for merge.

safetyman
09-16-2005, 07:59 AM
I knew you guys would respond quickly -- thanks so much for your help!!! :thumbsup:

Dodgy
09-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Alternatively use Detail>Polygons>Sketch Color to set your poly's sketch colour, and then use Default sketch colour in the display options to set what colour all new polys should be. The use the colour wireframe view modes or sketch modes to see them in glorious colour.