PDA

View Full Version : Scaling from particles age%???

gaetan
09-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I have 1000 particles, i need to link my obj. on each particles, and each obj. should be scale on X from particles Age%!

How i made that???

Thank you!

Gaetan

Mylenium
09-16-2005, 01:11 AM
I have 1000 particles, i need to link my obj. on each particles, and each obj. should be scale on X from particles Age%!

How i made that???

Thank you!

Gaetan

You write an L-Script. sorry to be of no more help, but afaik this is the only way.

Mylenium

GregMalick
09-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Just thinking outloud here....

Is it possible to create an expression in the Graph Editor that calculates the object.particlefx.size based upon the ParticleAge?

I'm just not sure how to get that ParticleAge...
Maybe an Expression Master will come forward with the answer.

Lightwolf
09-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Try it with one object first, us FXLink in the motion panel to position it at a particles position, then use FXLink on the X Size channel of the object. It might not have the exact options you're looking for.

If you get a result you like you can clone the objects using the FXLink Generic plugin (which also changes the particle index for the FXLink motion and channel plugins).

Cheers,
Mike

gaetan
09-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Thank you for your help.

With the FxLinker you can make a lot of things but you can't scale your obj. based upon the particle.age.

With the Lscript fron Faulknermano call: Fx_Link_Ultra everythings work great but when a clone my obj. more than 200, the scripts stop working.

I write an e-mail to Faulknermano about this but i have no reply.

PLease Help

If i can make a loop whit my particles for keeping less than 100 particles i think is a great idea!

GT