PDA

View Full Version : Where's best in the UK to get LW Upgrade?

lardbros
09-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Just been shopping around for LW9 upgrade... despite saying that i wasn't going to bother just yet, i wouldn't mind getting something for free whilst the offer is going.

Anyway, where is the best place to get it? OneVideo? or Newtek? or somewhere else i haven't heard about? Not 100% sure, but OneVideo is cheaper by the looks of things, unless i'm being completely retarded!

Would be great to hear peoples views.

Ciao for now

colkai
09-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Well, I know both QExit and myself tend to get our upgrades from OneVideo. They are normally very helpful and I've never yet had a problem with them.
I even exchanged my old parallel dongle at the same time and it went very smoothly.

cagey5
09-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah another vote for OneVideo from me too.

Qexit
09-15-2005, 03:01 PM
As Colkai says, Onevideo are definitely a good choice. They have always been very helpful and I've never had any problems with them through several upgrades to LW and even my last VT upgrade :thumbsup:

KillMe
09-15-2005, 03:02 PM
yup i'm one video too

pauland
09-15-2005, 03:05 PM
onevideo..

mkiii
09-15-2005, 03:07 PM
ditto

One question about the dongle swap while I'm at it tho. Has anyone who has swapped got FPrime?

I assume it will not work with a replacement dongle, so if Mr Worley willing to issue a new license?

Anyone done this?

pauland
09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Worley wasn't a problem for SAS when I swapped over..

Dodgy
09-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I did mine with onevideo.co.uk as well :)

lardbros
09-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Okey dokey!! That's sorted it then... a uninamous verdict from the panel!

I'll put my order through as soon as my money has burnt a hole through my pockets. Glad i don't have teflon pockets! :D

Cheers for your help

colkai
09-16-2005, 02:19 AM
ditto
One question about the dongle swap while I'm at it tho. Has anyone who has swapped got FPrime?
I assume it will not work with a replacement dongle, so if Mr Worley willing to issue a new license?
Anyone done this?
I can answer this, All i did was send him a scan of the invoice from onevideo showing my new details and that it was indeed a dongle swap and not a new license. Got my new key back within an hour or so.
Samer for everyone really, except for Vertibevel, I never heard Jack from them or got a new key. Everyone else, including Hikari, was very prompt.
:D

mkiii
09-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks for that matey.

All that remains now is for NT to convince me that I should spend the cash on LW9 :)

Aegis
09-17-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey Colkai, did you try the Vertibevel Yahoo group? I've found that's the best way to get hold of the author - he's a little slack at replying to emails :D

It's been quiet since January but it's worth a shot - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skstudios_users/

colkai
09-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Nope, I'll give that a try, it's frustrating as everyone else was so prompt about it.
Mind you, with Multishift on the horizon, I think vertibevel may not get the use it has done in the past, unless something special is on the horizon.
I'll bound over there and try my luck. :)