PDA

View Full Version : Can't Zoom in.. :(

dualboot
09-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I have received .dxf file from client to do architectural visualisation model. File is consisted of few 2d drawings exported from AutoCAD. The file imports jut fine in Lightwave (only dimensions are overblown). I moved a facade to separate layer so I could draw a glass grid over it, but since the drawing appeared too small on my screen I tried to Zoom in and to my surprise I couldn't. Zoom out works fine.

My first guess was that it's because the file was in Kilometers big :) from importing, so I sized it down to it's worldly dimension of 20 meters. That didn't help. I probably could do this project without the this procedure, but I'm afraid I stumbled into som,ething that could present big problem on some larger projects.

So if anyone had similar expirience and knows the way to remedy this, I could use the advice. Thank You.

Surrealist.
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
You could try selecting a polygon and hitting "shift a" for fit selected. That might do it.

MonroePoteet
09-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I'd try sizing it down to the 20m real-life size, center it, save it as an LWO, then reload it.

Modeler won't allow zooming beyond a certain point given the size of the object or its location on the grid. This is apparently due to the loss of accuracy when calculating rotation in floating point. If the object is far away from the center, the numbers are big, even if the object isn't. See this thread:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=37921

mTp

dualboot
09-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Thank You MonroePoteet centering the object workd (as I already had it scaled down). Woohoo :)