PDA

View Full Version : Church Addition Lobby

nthused
09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
8.3, FPrime, Monte Carlo

Carm3D
09-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Looks nice. Do you attend chuch? I used to (against my will). They tend to frown on wearing shorts. :)

Edbittner
09-15-2005, 03:54 AM
n.,
Looks real to me.
E..

nthused
09-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Looks nice. Do you attend chuch? I used to (against my will). They tend to frown on wearing shorts. :)

Thanks so much. I know what you mean. Churches (many anyway) are much more relaxed than used to be.

nthused
09-15-2005, 07:18 AM
n.,
Looks real to me.
E..

Thank you, EdbittnerJn. Learn more everyday.

paulrus
09-15-2005, 07:54 AM
. They tend to frown on wearing shorts. :)

Hmmm I guess you haven't been there in a long time then (or you need to find a new church). Mine has people in shorts, flipflops, people with blue hair, pink hair, tatoos, dreadlocks, no shoes at all, etc. etc., etc.

Nice render by the way (though the bricks look too big in my opinion).

Paul

Carm3D
09-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Naw it was during my childhood when I was forced to go to church under penalty of getting the love of Jesus beaten into me with a wire coathanger. I won't be looking for a new one.

ravantra
09-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Just a couple of minor nit-picking items. The walls are all missing a floor base, either wood plastic or matching marble. As mentioned the brickwork is a little large....typical brick coursing is 3 courses = 8" in height. You show approx 28 courses which works out to ....... 28/3 = 9.3 x 8 = 74" = 6.2 feet high.....your ceilings appear to be at least 10-12 feet high......

There is nothing to indicate a church related space....this could be a hospital, an office, ...etc

Just my 2 cents ......

JadaFecT
09-15-2005, 11:20 AM
very nice. like it :)

nthused
09-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Just a couple of minor nit-picking items. The walls are all missing a floor base, either wood plastic or matching marble. As mentioned the brickwork is a little large....typical brick coursing is 3 courses = 8" in height. You show approx 28 courses which works out to ....... 28/3 = 9.3 x 8 = 74" = 6.2 feet high.....your ceilings appear to be at least 10-12 feet high......

There is nothing to indicate a church related space....this could be a hospital, an office, ...etc

Just my 2 cents ......

Very helpful Ravantra. Thanks so much for the brick information...need to write that down somewhere...Yeah, the brick here is supposed to be "king size brick" but even then, too large.
Missed the floor base completely...good catch.
Yes on the church related space...don't have anything architecturally that would point to that fact...so I just added pictures that are Christian in nature.

null studios om
09-17-2005, 02:31 AM
could you please show me how to model a tree. i looked all around the web but i didnt find a tutorial teaching this.i'll be so greatfull if you do :thumbsup:

nthused
09-17-2005, 03:13 PM
could you please show me how to model a tree. i looked all around the web but i didnt find a tutorial teaching this.i'll be so greatfull if you do :thumbsup:

Hello, null. Wish I could. I use Onyx Tree Professional for my 3D trees and HD Instance to clone them in my scenes. VERY useful programs. I've heard that the trees in Vue are pretty nice too though. Also, take a look at Tree Designer - looks great.

Schwing
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Nice. Base molding is a must. Two other nicpics: The flooring looks unrealisticlly reflective and the ambient light is too low. Direct sunlight hitting a highly reflective, white floor with with white walls/ceiling would brighten that room more (IMHO). Or, it could be my monitor. :compbeati

colkai
09-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Nope, you're right.
If you look at the female figure on the right, her left hand side is very bright, which is at odds with the level of light actually in the lobby. Granted she is in the sunlight, but even so, I'd expect some serious brightness in that area.