PDA

View Full Version : VT3/4 Rental?

cybis
09-14-2005, 11:46 AM
We are producing two shows and my one VT3 can only be in one city. I'm not sure whether I want to buy a brand new second system, or just rent one.
Does anyone offer extremely reliable VT3/4 rental systems? Jef maybe?
Given the time frame, we would probably need to receive the system in advance, prepare with our content, fly with, use, and return. It's a two day event but I guess I would need it for about 2 weeks total to play it safe.

Any suggestions?
Has anyone ever rented one?
Thanks,
Jeff

Ivan
09-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Where are you going to be? I doubt anyone rents these knowing you will be taking it out of state or putting it on an airplane. Maybe you could rent it when you get there.

Ivan

kdennis
09-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I not sure of your requirements but you may want to consider renting a tricaster.
They rent for between $200-$300/day, a VT4 system is at least double that. Also the tricaster is very portable.

cybis
09-15-2005, 01:30 PM
The Tricaster might be nice for some events but I know some of our upcoming shows will demand some VT4 features.

I doubt I'd feel comfortable renting a VT4 on-site without having it preloaded with all of our content, etc. There's just too many other details to focus on at an event, so I'd like the VT4 to be plug & play.

Actually, I might be happy buying a new VT4 workstation so I can utilize it for the computer & editing. Then for the short-term, maybe I could rent an SX-84 for the handful of times a year that we have multiple shows. I'm sure it'd be easier to rent an SX-84 for a couple days than a VT4 for over a week. (Personally, I wouldn't mind renting my SX-8 about 300 days of the year! haha - any takers?)

At any rate, you mentioned rental rates - but who actually rents them?

Ivan
09-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Again I don't think it will be that easy to find an SX8 to rent because you are not just renting the box, you would have to have the daughter card to connect it to and that means opening the computer and removing or inserting hardware. Sorry to keep peeing on your parade, I hope you do find someone that can accommodate you but the realist in me thinks you may not.

I really am trying to be less of a pessimist but it doesn't look very hopeful. :)

Ivan

PIZAZZ
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
The Tricaster might be nice for some events but I know some of our upcoming shows will demand some VT4 features.

I doubt I'd feel comfortable renting a VT4 on-site without having it preloaded with all of our content, etc. There's just too many other details to focus on at an event, so I'd like the VT4 to be plug & play.

Actually, I might be happy buying a new VT4 workstation so I can utilize it for the computer & editing. Then for the short-term, maybe I could rent an SX-84 for the handful of times a year that we have multiple shows. I'm sure it'd be easier to rent an SX-84 for a couple days than a VT4 for over a week. (Personally, I wouldn't mind renting my SX-8 about 300 days of the year! haha - any takers?)

At any rate, you mentioned rental rates - but who actually rents them?

We rent out VT3 or VT4 systems. We have several different configurations available. From our powerhouse VTtoGO production desk to our ultraportable super double secret unit.

Prices vary so Give me a call and we can discuss your many options.

409-860-9283 at the office.

PIZAZZ
09-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Not only have we rented our VT systems on several occasions, we also have flown with the system to venues and assisted with the show.

Pricing depends on time the system is needed and what configuration is needed.

Usually we charge $1000 for the VT4 and an operator per day. Many times we adjust that price up or down due to circumstances.

Matter of fact this weekend we are renting out our VTtoGO to a local church for $500 per day. When you price out all the equipment that the VT4 system eliminates, the $500 is not a bad price.

Simian
09-16-2005, 10:38 AM
:agree: Hello Jef. Considering I got hammered for $300 for renting a 3500 lumen projector before I bought my own, $500 for a complete VT system is not so bad at all.

Rich O.

jmart
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Anyone know of a company here in Orlando that rents the VT4? I would need it with the ability to have 2-3 DV inputs?

cybis
04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Anyone know of a company here in Orlando that rents the VT4? I would need it with the ability to have 2-3 DV inputs?

I'm in Orlando with both a VT3 (running VT4 software) and a VT4. These are typically for our shows only, but I've been in your shoes and would be happy to try and help. Please email me jeff....... at... thinkcybis.com to chat about dates, etc.

Thanks!
Jeff