PDA

View Full Version : VT Vision Problems in CG

kabod
09-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Just upgraded to 4.5 from 3 and am having problems with VT Vision in CG.
When I click on it from the View Panel, I see my background just fine but my text disappears. If I go to selection mode I can see the bounding box where the text is but when in text mode...nothing. I am having to send it "Out To Switcher" and turn on DSK in order to see how to compose my pages. Not a real big deal since I'm not doing live but I would like it to work correctly....any ideas?

Steve

creativev
09-21-2005, 06:13 AM
It is rather annoying. Can we get it so we can easily preview how a title looks with a video frame behind it instead of being stuck with a bounding box? Otherwise, you have to go to the switcher and activate DSK.

Jim_C
09-21-2005, 07:23 AM
This is not a bug, but was added by Newtek to help keep live switchers from having graphics appear without someone engaging the DSK.

You only have to turn it on once.

kabod
09-21-2005, 08:00 AM
This is not a bug, but was added by Newtek to help keep live switchers from having graphics appear without someone engaging the DSK.

You only have to turn it on once.

Jim- Could you explain....turn what "on once", VT Vision or the DSK?
I can understand not wanting to send graphics out over a live switch but that makes the VT Vision button in CG totally useless now. Maybe it's too early and I'm missing the point, but if I'm wanting to see my fonts, colors, edges, shadows, etc. as I'm composing them...then I would think NOT having to send it out to switcher with DSK would be safer...
Maybe I need a cup of coffee. :bangwall:

Rich Deustachio
09-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Just select your switcher and hit the "d" key.

kabod
09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Just select your switcher and hit the "d" key.

I really DO understand how to turn the DSK on...
The BIG problem as I see it and as Jim has stated is that it is no longer possible to compose a page in CG while looking at the Video on a VT-Vision screen WITHOUT having to DSK on your program out.
Why even have the VT-Vision option on the output panel of CG? Am I the only one that finds this a problem? (Except for "creativev" above)

RayLarson
09-23-2005, 06:28 AM
I agree it is a problem (or, at most, an annoyance) for those of us doing post work. Earlier in previous versions the CG allowed viewing while composing. Now, it becomes a 2 step issue and quickly gets to be a PIA. :agree: