PDA

View Full Version : mouse cursor in iVGA?

cityofsalisbury
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I need to be able to see the mouse cursor while using iVGA (city staff uses the cursor to point our areas of a map in presentations at council and planning board meetings). A temporary work around was to use the s-video out of the computer's video card, and input that into the camera 3 feed on the Tricaster. I just got our 3rd robotic camera installed in our council chambers, so I can no longer use the cam3 input. I emailed support, and one of the techs said that if I turned on mouse trails, the trails would show up on the iVGA feed. I tried that, but it doesn't work. I'm considering buying an s-video a/b switch to manually switch between the camera and the pc on cam3 input, but I'd rather just use iVGA.

John Perkins
09-14-2005, 07:01 AM
This is a shot in the dark, but have you tried turning down hardware acceleration in the display properties?

On the client computer, go to Display Properties,Settings, Advanced. On the troubleshooting tab, turn Hardware Acceleration all the way down to none. This should turn off the hardware cursor and make windows draw it in software.

iVGA might be able to pick it up then.

Paul Lara
09-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I need to be able to see the mouse cursor while using iVGA...I'm considering buying an s-video a/b switch to manually switch between the camera and the pc on cam3 input, but I'd rather just use iVGA.

Ok, then!
Try using this NEW version of iVGA (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/VideoToaster/Downloads/iVGA_Client.zip)!

I believe the option for cursor is included.

Thanks to John for correcting the link.

cityofsalisbury
10-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Ok...I installed the updated IVGA, and I can see the mouse pointer in the VGA window, but the framerate for the mouse movements is very low. The mouse skips a lot, and doesn't synch up well with the on-screen movements. Is this just a limitation of the IVGA app, or something that can eventually be improved? The pc running the IVGA app and the Tricaster are within 2 feet of each other on the same hub.