PDA

View Full Version : Newtek, hire PICTRIX !

Pavlov
09-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi,
in case NT didint notice this, Pictrix is developing some of the most awesome plugins for modeler EVER.
These are really smart, complete and powerfull tools; he is without doubts the best developer of modeling tools out there.
I hope NT will somehow interact with him for next releases.

Paolo Zambrini

DragonFist
09-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Who is he? What plug-ins has he developed?

I am not arguing his worth, just don't know who he is.

LW3D
09-14-2005, 03:32 AM
I agree with Paolo Zambrini... Pictrix tools are well made and powerfull...

parm
09-14-2005, 10:00 AM
http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/index1.html

check out C_Worm, absolutely fantastic

Parm

DragonFist
09-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Ah, yes. His stuff does look good. I'll check out some of the tool tonight.

Pavlov
09-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Ah, yes. His stuff does look good. I'll check out some of the tool tonight.

try SP_MOVE, one of the best tools ever. it allows point/axyz/edge snap, even with BG geometry; try and understand it, you'll find it a revolution in your workflow.
Even if it's too basic and de-structured for current standards, Modeler is good; anyway NT never integrated tools as smart and efficent as SP_move.
That's why i think NT should hire this guy or cooperate with him. There are lot of very good and talented developers out there, so no offense to anyone (LWcad looks amazing, FI's tools rocks too and i could go on with others); anyway, very few have proved to be at his level (and as fast... he pulls out something every month or less!) in developing modeling tools.

Paolo Zambrini

Matt
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
While there is no doubt that his tools are very powerful and well written, my only worry is that every plugin requires a certain order to the point selection, trying to remember these for every plugin he's written is a nightmare!!!

In terms of usability they could benefit from a more 'pick up and use' nature, at the moment I have to keep reminding myself how each plugin works!

Clearly some are less bothersome in this way than others, but some integration is definately needed!

Matt

Pavlov
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
While there is no doubt that his tools are very powerful and well written, my only worry is that every plugin requires a certain order to the point selection, trying to remember these for every plugin he's written is a nightmare!!!

In terms of usability they could benefit from a more 'pick up and use' nature, at the moment I have to keep reminding myself how each plugin works!

Clearly some are less bothersome in this way than others, but some integration is definately needed!

Matt

agree... but lot of Lw tools rely on point order, so i guess it's a LW limitation.
Maybe in the future we'll be able to choose on the fly which point to use or the axys (often you have to select 2 pts to define a vector, now we'll get edges so it may change).

Paolo

W-Tools
09-14-2005, 04:36 PM
to: Pavlov.

I read one of the thread before this where you mentioned you are the biggest VIZ company in Italy.
If you are interested to have influence on the new LWCAD tools please contact me. [email protected]
I would like to hear about your exact needs for your work.

to: All.
I would like to inform all about LWCAD 2 , what is actually done.
All project is rewrited to C++ and it is also prepared to merge with LW for future.
I have successfully implemented NURBS curves on the LW core level.
I have done full snapping modes: snap to nurbs and polygons:
snap modes: snap to points, end points ,nearest geometry, tangent, perpendicular, center, ruler, point axis, endpoint tangent axis.
I have also completed new curvebased primitive tools and advanced old ones. Now there are 14 primitive tools overall.

Finally I can promise to everybody that LightWave equipped with LWCAD 2 will have a full archi-viz toolset and you will not need to switch to other programs.
Just please be patient and give me a little time.

----------------------------
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

Pavlov
09-14-2005, 05:25 PM

I read one of the thread before this where you mentioned you are the biggest VIZ company in Italy.
If you are interested to have influence on the new LWCAD tools please contact me. [email protected]

All project is rewrited to C++ and it is also prepared to merge with LW for future.
snap modes: snap to points, end points ,nearest geometry, tangent, perpendicular, center, ruler, point axis, endpoint tangent axis.
I have also completed new curvebased primitive tools and advanced old ones. Now there are 14 primitive tools overall.

Finally I can promise to everybody that LightWave equipped with LWCAD 2 will have a full archi-viz toolset and you will not need to switch to other programs.

Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

Hi Victor,
first let me explain better: i didnt say i'm the biggest 3D firm in Italy, in fact i'm not ;) I own a relatively small firm.
Maybe you're referring to a post where i talked about Stack Studios (and i dont work in that studio). Actually i think they're the biggest one here, for sure the most famous.

Anyway, i'm surely interested in your tools, in fact i'm keeping an eye after them since they appeared. I'm going to write you privately later or tomorrow.
The only thing which disappoints me is you have a good toolset but Osnap engine cannot act "under" modeler, but just works with your own tools.
This is Newtek Fault, btw, not yours. If NT allowed for something like "Master" plugins in Modeler you could make Osnap engine acting on every layout tool. Anyway i think LWcad is a must-have as is; just curious to see what you'll do regarding I/O DWG and DXF..

Paolo Zambrini

W-Tools
09-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Ok Paolo.

Write me your thoughts about your needed tools. And please try to be a complete and brief at the same time.

About I/O. DXF will be maybe in next version. DWG later.

Osnap engine is prepared to be as part of LW. Now it depends only on the Newtek if it will be or not.
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

Pavlov
09-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Ok Paolo.
Osnap engine is prepared to be as part of LW. Now it depends only on the Newtek if it will be or not.
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

Well this is pretty good, let's hope NT will care about this.

PS: Chuck, now YOU know WE know.. ;)

Paolo Zambrini

Matt
09-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Cool, if NT are putting object snaps in Modeller, I hope the speed it up, at the moment snapping in LWCAD can become slow on large objects.

W-Tools
09-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Cool, if NT are putting object snaps in Modeller, I hope the speed it up, at the moment snapping in LWCAD can become slow on large objects.
Hello Matt.
I did huge optimization in LWCAD. And snap modify tools are now almost fast as without snaping.
You'll get free update 1.5d when LW9 will be out.
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

Matt
09-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Cool! Can't wait!

Nemoid
09-18-2005, 06:06 AM

Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

now this is a great news.
i think Newtek should be interested in your work for sure. Lw with cad tools and Nurbs as you plan to introduce would become really powerful and great for Viz/design work.
Nt please don't miss this good occasion!! :lwicon:

Matt
09-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Sounds absolutely awesome Viktor, do you have a rough time frame on the release?

Dodgy
09-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I wasn't sure when I first heard about your tools how useful they would be (not being a cad artist) , but having looked at the website I can see that there's a huge amount of good stuff there and I'm tempted by them myself!

DragonFist
09-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Dodgy,

Don't be tempted. Download them. The demo version has a LOT of functionality without even buying the plug. I plan to buy the plugin but until I do, the parts that without buying have saved me much work (fix polygon tools anyone?) ****, even the other tools are somewhat useful in this state. just have to get used to the "demo version" text thrown into your model everytime you use them. Anyhow, I think you'd want to buy after using them. I know I plan to as soon as I have some extra cash. (LW 9.0 is coming first and I am having a hard enough time explaining to my wife why I NEED that. :cry: )

Anyhow, download them and you'll like.

Advertizement: Testimonial paid for by the Vogons in poetry readings.

spigolo
09-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Paolo,

I know your work very well, and you know mine too, so you know how much I hope in your collaboration with Viktor and I m sure you will suggest the best tool to the developer of Lwcad. I'm very curious and if it promise what it says I will buy it as soon as it comes out..
Let me know what you are talking about, I model archtecture everyday and I have many problems with lightwave non integrated tools.
I must thank Pictrix as he is doing a big effort to give us tools that newtek has forget for many years.
Instead of filling the modeler of things like dangle they could have developed an integrated set of snap and constuction planes... anyway I trust in V9...

I heard a rumor that viktor is developing Lwcad for Modo..is it true?

Pavlov
09-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Paolo,

I know your work very well, and you know mine too, so you know how much I hope in your collaboration with Viktor and I m sure you will suggest the best tool to the developer of Lwcad. I'm very curious and if it promise what it says I will buy it as soon as it comes out..
Let me know what you are talking about, I model archtecture everyday and I have many problems with lightwave non integrated tools.
I must thank Pictrix as he is doing a big effort to give us tools that newtek has forget for many years.
Instead of filling the modeler of things like dangle they could have developed an integrated set of snap and constuction planes... anyway I trust in V9...

I heard a rumor that viktor is developing Lwcad for Modo..is it true?

It would be great... anyway this is the kind of developer i think we all should encourage. Smart, clean, complete tools.
There are A LOT of Modeler plugins, but no other made the same rumor of LWcad (or SPmove, anyway both are OSNAP based plugins).
Hope Newtek will take this as a very clear sign of what users really need (not only viz people).

Paolo Zambrini

LW3D
09-20-2005, 02:55 AM
I have just checked LWCAD tools.. and this is the best LightWave modeler plug-in I have seen (Long time ago there was a Macroform)...But LWCAD is really great plug-in... I hope NewTek contact with LWCAD developer and add this plug-ins to LightWave (and not to Modo). I think LW modeler will be best Modeler again...

Earl
09-23-2005, 11:13 AM

That sounds AWESOME. I've been dying to get real snapping in LW, and your solution just might be what I need. I've been tempted with the LWCAD plugins for a while, but this would most certainly draw me in as a customer.

vegabros
09-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I've just started using LW and I downloaded LWCAD demo recently and in no time I had a simple house built. These tools are just smart, quick, and stable.

I can't wait for LWCAD 2.0!

What are the demo limitations? Besides the "demo version" text appearing.

- Leo

W-Tools
09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
to Matt:
- rough release date for LWCAD 2 is spring 2006

to Spigolo:
- modo still doesn't have SDK, therefore it is not possible to do any plugins for it.

to vegabros:
- no other limitations, I don't wana charge people which are not using it intensively. But demo version is not too much tested like full version.

to All:
thank you for your support.
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

blabberlicious
09-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Is it linked to One Dongle - can I switch from mac to pc?

W-Tools
09-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Is it linked to One Dongle - can I switch from mac to pc?

It is linked to LW hardware serial number which is different on both platforms with one dongle. But I wana do only one dual-version in future.
Now only single platform licenses are available.

Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

blabberlicious
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
It is linked to LW hardware serial number which is different on both platforms with one dongle. But I wana do only one dual-version in future.
Now only single platform licenses are available
t

I really think you must, soon. Too many other plugins are duo- dongle bases, you are putting yourself at a real disadvantage - particualrly when many artists (like me) switch platforms alot.

The sooner, the better!