PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to recreate flat pen and inks

Johnny
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I want to incorporate some of my old pen and ink drawings into my LW animation..they are mostly abstract shapes, with lots of curves and sharp thin edges.

I've messed wtih bezier, spline pen points and other related tools, but they all have problems, especially when I hit the Tab key to get them smooth.

is there a better way to do what I want to do?

J

MonroePoteet
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't know what you intend to do with them, but you might just scan them in, boost up the contrast, and use them as a texture. The Color, Transparency, Diffuse, or Bump channels might be effective. If they're sharp enough, might be able to use them as an inverted Clip map.

Of course, if you're trying to convert into actual rotatable 3D objects, nevermind.

mTp

Johnny
09-12-2005, 03:58 PM
yeah, that's just the thing..I DO want them to be actual 3D objects in LW so that they can take on a life not possible without a 3D app.

still experimenting...

J

Silkrooster
09-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Then scan in your drawings, import them using eps or ai format and extrude them some and see how that looks subpatched.
Silk

Johnny
09-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Then scan in your drawings, import them using eps or ai format and extrude them some and see how that looks subpatched.
Silk

thank you and that is what actually worked: importing them as eps's... I admit not trying it earlier bcs I had such crummy luck with that tool in 7.5, but in 8.3 it worked out great for me.