PDA

View Full Version : New membar intruduction from Sweden

moremetall
09-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Hi all !

I did not find any area to introduce my self so I started a tread..I hope that’s ok!

My background:
I’m a 35 years old mechanical engineer that has been working in the electronic industry since the beginning of the 90th. (as technical manager, project manager , Key account /sales engineer) I am today working as a sales engineer/project manager for a small PCB company in Sweden.

At the end of the 80th I started an animation studio due to a request from a local Video production company that needed help with some smaller animations (logos and things like that). That was developed during the 90th and I did use Amiga and the software Imagine for the 3D production. Did work also with presentation/ education /sales tools were we combined 3D animation and interactive environment… in the middle of the 95th we did put the company to rest due to the heavy investments needed to take the company to the next level (no support from the bank). I have done some smaller work during the years and I have now got a request to make a presentation in a higher level with 3D animations and interactive environment … so to manage that I did order new equipment last week and also a copy of the Lightwave 3D that I hope will work for me. I was told that it has the similar thinking as the Imagine and the Amiga environment, if so it will work great for me.

Hopefully I will receive my copy of the program today or by tomorrow… and I will be able to start learning the software..have seen there is a loot of good guides online that probably will speed up the learning process (I do not have to figure out everything by my self this time)

Rely looking forward to start creating again , see you on the forum in the future (I will probbly need som help :D )

Kind regards
Micael Nilsson
Sweden

Captain Obvious
09-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Välkommen. ;)

walfridson
09-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Hej hej :)

BazC
09-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

phrick
09-12-2005, 04:32 AM
Tjoflöjt och tjingeling. Björgen Kjörgen.
Välkommen till forumet.

Ztreem
09-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Välkommen!

Dodgy
09-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Afternoon!

Meshbuilder
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Tjena, hoppas du kommer att trivas här!

Cageman
09-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Ännu en swede! Trevligt, trevligt, och välkommen!

Tiger
09-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Välkommen ombord Michael!
:lightwave :goodluck:

Scott_Blinn
09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Welcome.

LOL! Imagine was my first ever 3d program (on an Amiga 500). Soon followed by Caligari 3D (on an Amiga 200HD), and finally LightWave 3D (on an Amiga 4000 Toaster system). Ah, the good ol' days... :)

sidewing
09-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I came from Sweden (Orebru) 2 month ago. Nope, I'm not Swedisch (Dutch living in USA).

Had a great time there! People are amazing friendly and the food was great. Hope to be back there soon.

Welcome!

Captain Obvious
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Everybody who goes to Sweden during the summer goes on and on about how we're pretty much the friendliest people on the planet. I tell you, you should stop by during the winter for an eye-opener! ;)

Fizzer
09-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Aaaah, the heady days of Imagine and the Amiga. I had a massive 80mb hard drive in those days!

Welcome to Lightwave.

sidewing
09-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Captan Obvious, you sure state the obvious...

Indeed, that's what many Swedish people told me as well... I bet the suicidal rate must be high during the season.

Captain Obvious
09-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Captan Obvious, you sure state the obvious...

Indeed, that's what many Swedish people told me as well... I bet the suicidal rate must be high during the season.
December 24th is probably the peak of the suicide season in Sweden, just like in all the other semi-christian nations... ;)

And thanks, I try my best! :D