PDA

View Full Version : 2 Banners by the end of the Week?

Chris S. (Fez)
09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I need to get 2 banners (featuring 2 large Lightwave renders) done for a football stadium. One is 40x44" and the other is 44x36" 300 dpi. My clients need awesome printing quality and they need the banners by the end of the week.

Who does all those cool Lightwave banners at Siggraph?

Anyone have any suggestions for dependable printers (preferably with FTP so I can upload the files and get the banner back ASAP) I am in Virginia, USA.

Thanks,

Chris

TSpyrison
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM
http://www.fastsigns.com/

WilliamVaughan
09-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Chuck or Kurtis could probably get you the details for how NewTek prints those.

Kurtis
09-12-2005, 09:10 AM
They contract the big stuff out to another company for the actual print work, but we go through the local One Day Signs for all of our SIGGRAPH wall graphics and banners.

Be sure to check the actual size capabilities of whoever you deal with. Our wall graphics are big enough that One Day Signs has to assemble them out of multiple banner prinitings. We figure this into the files we give them, so we can specify where the seams will be, minimizing their effects as much as possible (for example, making sure the seam doesn't go right through the middle of the projection area on the front wall).

Chris S. (Fez)
09-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Thank you all!

Found a Fast Signs store a mere half hour away with a brand new large format digital printer.

colkai
09-13-2005, 03:50 AM
Cool, let us know if all goes well. :)

Chris S. (Fez)
09-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I pick em up Friday morning. The sign girls had to scale the files down to 150 dpi cause their printer could not handle the resolution...but they said if my client was not satisfied they would refund my money and take the heat.

The 150 dpi banners they showed me did look pretty awesome, but I'll let you know how it goes...