PDA

View Full Version : Motion Tracking

pilkiwilky
09-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I have a live shot with a ladder in it and I have a 3d model of the same ladder that is pretty accurate.

I am having problems matching up the camera angle and zoom settings to get them to line up, then keeping the camera in synch with the real footage of the shot (with camera motion)

Is there a relatively inexpensive plug in that can help me with this shot?

I have done a google search for camera tracking in LW but I cannot find anything - please help if you can

thanks

Ivan
09-11-2005, 10:35 AM
If you have mirage or Aura you can do a pixel track in them and the motions should transfer to LW.

Ivan

MonroePoteet
09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
If you're trying to match camera movement, the magic phrase (that worked for me) is "match mover" or "match moving". Might try searching on that.

mTp

m.d.
09-11-2005, 11:26 PM
pixel farm's PFHoe is the only inexpensive Matchmoving app....another one is the Vodoo camera tracker which is free but has no export for LW, but it does have for Blender and Maya, so if you can go from Blender to LW(not sure how....maybe a motion path, or FBX format somehow)then you get it for free.

Otherwise PFHoe is about $100 and is the simplest to use of any tracker I've tried...but you may have to manually tweak the motion in LW as PFHoe has no manual tracking options.

IF you can afford it Syntheyes is the best for the money, about $500 now.

After that the prices go way up....