PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Launches New Worldwide Training Tour

Chuck
02-15-2003, 12:55 PM
For Immediate Release

NewTek Announces LightWave® Worldwide Community Tour
First 50 Signups To Get Major Savings On Graphics and Training Products

San Antonio, Texas -- February 17, 2002 -- NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced an ambitious new LightWave 3D® training tour, the LightWave® Worldwide Community Tour. The series of affordable two-day training seminars on 3D animation, visual effects and graphic design officially kicks off the weekend prior to the NAB show in Las Vegas, and is the largest LightWave tour ever, with stops in the US, Mexico, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, and more. Class instructors will vary from location to location, but will include Class On Demand instructional video host Lee Stranahan, and FX Academy Distance Learning director Larry Shultz. Complete information and signup instructions are available on the NewTek.com website or at LearnLightWave.com

Additionally, the first 50 paid registrants will take part in promo offers that allow them to get a number of powerful graphics products at incredible savings. These promotions include NewTek?s new Aura 2.5b for US$199 (a nearly US$700 savings), the IFW2 Textures for only US$75, and Wondertouch?s Particle Illusion 3 for half price at only US$199. Additional offers include FX Academy classes for up to $700 off. These offers are available to the first 50 attendees with their paid registration. Qualified attendees can choose to take advantage of any or all of the savings opportunities.

"The last tour was a great success and got rave reviews," said Jim Plant, CEO and president of NewTek, Inc. "These classes are a great way for anyone interested in 3D to see what LightWave is really capable of, and it?s a great way for LightWave users all over the world to learn from each other."

The two-day classes cover both basic and advanced techniques for modeling, character animation, motion graphics, and much more. Tour participants will also receive a variety of training materials covering the topics taught in the classes and additional techniques, including a CD loaded with all new material. The classes and instructional materials have something to offer any LightWave user, beginner to expert.

"The most amazing thing about Lee's training seminars for me as a Reseller, Integrator and trainer isn't watching Lee, its watching the audience," said Ed Griswold, manager of Computer Video Associates. "They're focused to the point of forgetting or not wanting to take breaks or go to lunch. Everyone would rather watch, listen and learn. 'But, wait, there's more...'"

Pricing and Availability:
The LightWave Worldwide Community Tour two-day training session is priced at $199. For complete information and to sign up now, see http://www.LearnLightWave.com

NewTek LightWave Worldwide Community Training Tour Instructors

Lee Stranahan has helped thousands of people worldwide learn desktop video and 3D animation for more than a decade. His professional experience includes work as a writer, director, producer, visual effects supervisor, and effects artist. He?s also an award winning photographer and the program director of FX Academy.

Larry Shultz is an experienced LightWave artist and trainer with extensive 3D credits in games, film and television, including work at Foundation Imaging and Netter Digital. Larry is the Director of Distance Learning at FX Academy, and has taught at schools in California and New Mexico.

List of LightWave Worldwide Community Tour Dates (subject to change)

February
22-23 Portland, OR

March
1-2 Houston, TX
10-11 Mexico City, Mexico
13-14 Monterey, Mexico
17-18 Guadalajara, Mexico

April
5-6 Las Vegas, NV
12-13 Austin, TX
16-17 Atlanta, GA
22-23 Washington, DC
24-25 New York, NY
26-27 Boston, MA
29-30 Montreal, Canada

May
1-2 Toronto, Canada
3-4 Detroit, MI
5-6 Chicago, IL
8-9 Oklahoma City, OK
17-18 Albuquerque, NM
19-20 San Diego, CA
21-22 Los Angeles, CA
24-25 Honolulu, Hawaii
27-28 San Francisco, CA
31-June 1, Seattle, WA

June
2-3 Vancouver, Canada
5-6 Salt Lake City, UT
18-19 San Antonio, TX
21-22 Orlando, FL
24-25 Raleigh-Durham, NC
28-29 Philadelphia, PA
30-July 1 New Jersey, TBA

July
5-6 Hartford - Springfield, CT
8-9 Cincinnati, OH
12-13 Miami, FL
14-15 Tampa, FL
19-20 Denver, CO
23-24 Kansas City, MO
26-27 Minneapolis, MN

August
2-3 Dallas, TX
5-6 Houston, TX

About NewTek
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek is a leading provider of full-featured video editing, animation and special effects tools including Video Toaster®, LightWave 3D® and Aura Video Paint(TM). NewTek launched the desktop video revolution in 1990 with the release of the legendary Video Toaster®. The company's products are used worldwide on projects ranging from home video to feature film. Recent television and film projects using NewTek software include Firefly, Taken, Smallville, Birds of Prey, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek 10: Nemesis, We Were Soldiers, Panic Room, Hart's War, Driven, A.I., Oscar®-nominated Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Final Fantasy, Blackhawk Down, The Time Machine, Behind Enemy Lines and Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition DVD. Recent game titles include Doom III, Unreal Tournament, Serious Sam for XBox, Age of Mythology, Civilization III, Dead to Rights, Baldur's Gate II, EverQuest and Escape From Monkey Island. Website: http://www.newtek.com

--End--

- Video Toaster, LightWave and LightWave 3D are registered trademarks of NewTek.
- ToasterEdit, Aura Video Paint, LightWave Express, ToasterCG, ToasterVision, ToasterScope, ToasterDRR, SX-8, and RS-8 are trademarks of NewTek, Inc.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

noiseboy
02-15-2003, 04:14 PM
I'm having a bit of deja vu about this post especially since I notice there is a London date in september, I seem to recall signing up for this tour in London last year only to have it postponed twice without warning.

"The last tour was a great success and got rave reviews," said Jim Plant, CEO and president of NewTek, Inc. "These classes are a great way for anyone interested in 3D to see what LightWave is really capable of, and it?s a great way for LightWave users all over the world to learn from each other."

It would have been if the seminars took place

On the plus side does it mean that I'm already signed up for the new date, and qualify for the goodies...Does Aura run on a Mac?

Stranahan
02-16-2003, 12:27 AM
I was hesitant to put European on the dates for 2 reasons...

1) I still need to get people CDs from the last dates..

2) The debacle with the scheduled dates for the fall of last year.

So, two quick points and mea culpas...

Anyone who attended the last dates will not only be getting the CD they were owed, but also the new CD (a total of 20 hours of materials. These should be going to Europe for duplication in the next 2 weeks; as soon as the new CD is done, basically. I'm sorry about the unpardonable delay on that, and I only hope that additonal material makes up for it in some small way.

The European tour dates postponement wasn't my idea - I was asked not to do those dates. I was told that the dates would be given. I know nothing about why the delays happened, but there is no possible way I'm not doing these European dates and in fact I plan to add the Netherlands, Germany, and possibly Spain, Greece, or somewhere like Sweden. Again - these dates will happen...

Part of the reason, actually, is that my family and are very seriously considering moving to Europe sometime next year - and I don't want you all coming to my house and breaking the windows.

That's the story, in brief. And one other thing for Europe - if I don't have CDs all finished, ready and waiting at the new dates - the seminar is free. And I said it in writing.

PS - Aura doesn't work on the Mac, but IFW2 and Particle Illusion do - seriously, these are quite good deals as well.

jnjcre8
02-16-2003, 12:51 AM
I am a MAC user does all the offerings work on the Mac? If not what are they trading off for the mac users?

pixelranger
02-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Sweden (or even better: Norway) would be cool!!

jaspar
02-16-2003, 06:41 PM
Is there any indication of when the 50 have been exceeded, or is it just when the page goes away? They seem to be really great deals, I'll be disappointed if I miss out on them.:(

gggraphx
02-16-2003, 08:10 PM
I just signed up, and the page says it will go away when the deal's over.

Hervé
02-17-2003, 12:34 AM
I signed last year for Amsterdam, but..... nothing happened.... when do you think you'll be in Amsterdam ??? (... if ever...)

Thanks, Hervé

Hervé
02-17-2003, 12:42 AM
hey this was in the mail just before I posted the above..... I dont understand what's going on.... they e-mailed me today for something starting TODAY, yeahhhh, sure.....

""Franck Lafage" <[email protected]> wrote:
Thank you for your interest in the NewTek Next Dimension Training Tour, we
have you registered as a participant in the training stop in Amsterdam,
November 27-28. As the Managing Director of NewTek Europe, I have a few
updates for you. The training tour schedule has been updated and the new
dates for Amsterdam are February 17-18, 2003
NewTek Europe is very pleased to have Graham Toms, formerly with Disney
Institute in Orlando as instructor and artist. Graham travelled with Lee
Stranahan for six months during Lee's last worldwide training tour. Graham
is a LightWave 3D and Aura Video Paint expert with a unique background that
blends traditional art concepts and technology in a fun, informative style.
With Graham's vast experience in graphics creation and extensive training
on teaching techniques with Disney Institute and Lee Stranahan, there is no
doubt that you will find this a valuable learning experience.

I will be sending out further updates as we finalize the location for the
training. For those of you who need to confirm your reservation and make
payment for the training please visit www.newtek-europe.com where
informations
about the tour will be available in the next days.

We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam.
Franck Lafage"

Hervé
02-17-2003, 02:49 AM
Well well well, I've just received another email from Patrick Van De Made who seams to be.....hmmm let's say mad about the last "cancelled" date in Amsterdam....

I did not pay until I was sure something would happened (after e-mails for NT_Europe always pushing the dates... and sure enough I was right..... but apparently other poeple paid in advance and never received anything, no refound, noo explanations, no answers... (except one guy...)

Stranahan
02-17-2003, 12:42 PM
I really can't speak for the other dates that NewTek Europe is doing. Graham is a great instructor, so that's not an issue in any way.

What I can tell you is that any European dates I post are 100% going to be happening, and that we'll have all the handout material there the day of the event. And the training will be fun and cool, too.

Amsterdam is now added. by the way. Save some stroopwaffles for me...

jaspar
02-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by gggraphx
I just signed up, and the page says it will go away when the deal's over.

Yeah, I'd already signed up, but my e-mail confirming receipt of payment makes no mention of the deals. The page is still there though, so I suppose I should just be patient?:confused:

Stranahan
02-17-2003, 02:59 PM
A mailer will be sent out in the next couple of days to everyone signed up so far.

The special offer is still good - we have not yet reached 50 paid sign ups.

jaspar
02-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Thanks Lee, I guess I was just too darn excited about the promotional offers :rolleyes:

I've got 7 months to build up my excitement for the UK date, really looking forward to it!

Victor
02-24-2003, 11:00 AM
We are very happy to have the Tour in México, Grupo CVC is colaborating with the organization of it in MEX. CITY, GUADALAJARA AND MONTERREY.

We are going to have some other events during the week of the tour, and great saving in all our products line.

So, dont miss this great event and hurry up to register.

You could see the datails of the dates in www.grupocvc.com

See you in Mexico:D

DragonAngel
03-07-2003, 11:32 AM
To tell you the truth, I wasn't to enthusiastic about this new world tour, mainly because last year, I mostly learned about features of the software that help sell it to new users, unfortunately, I already had bought the software. I was impressed with Graham Tom's point of view of the software but as a whole I felt it was a marketing scheme to sell more software and magazines. Don't get me wrong, I love the software and the Keyframe mag, but I was expecting to learn a bit more.

The other reason is that I was promised a CD of the whole conference with extra free software, like Aura 1 for example. Well I never received the CD. Instead of taking notes and missing out on something Larry or Graham said I just listen and watched. I'm not sure if I will attend this year's conference or not but for the price we are ask to pay, I hope the CD is given to us on site and the courseware is more professionally structured.

Sorry for venting, I believe my point of view should also be shared to potential attendees.

P.S. I never Graham’s finished video, can anyone tell me if its available somewhere to download. Its the Old West cowboy and his horse walking through the desert.

jaspar
03-11-2003, 04:00 AM
Ummm...
It's been almost a month now, and still no mailer. I've tried e-mailing via the loki address (the hotmail account is apparently full). Are you out there Lee? :(

I've only got a couple of weeks to take advantage of Newtek's Aura deal, if this one doesn't work out.:eek:

gggraphx
03-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Stranahan
A mailer will be sent out in the next couple of days to everyone signed up so far.

Howdy,
Any word on when the specials will be available for us early-signer-uppers?

gggraphx
03-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Stranahan

Any word yet on where the deals are for us early signer-uppers?

gggraphx
03-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Hey Lee,
Any news on the specials? I haven't gotten a "mailer" yet.

gggraphx
03-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Any word on the "mailer" with the specials?