PDA

View Full Version : No video signal

Digital Virgin
09-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Help! A few times since installing VT 4.5 I have loaded a project and received a "no video signal" message, or flashing video. On reboot, it goes away. Do I have a Graphics driver issue?

Thanks,

Harry

Jim Capillo
09-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Help! A few times since installing VT 4.5 I have loaded a project and received a "no video signal" message, or flashing video. On reboot, it goes away. Do I have a Graphics driver issue?

Thanks,

Harry

What are the specs of your setup ?

Digital Virgin
09-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Fairly stock: Twin P4 Xeons, 1 gig RAM, 470 Gig Video SATA RAID, MSI (NVIDIA) 5600XT GFX card.

My tech pal recently put "new" NVIDIA drivers on my machine which he says are the latest drivers from NVIDIA (released in August), and that they should work, but when I check on the current driver dates via "device manager", they appear to be the originals I've had awhile, so I'm confused. I can't "roll back" drivers which are the originals. Could these new drivers be resident on the machine yet not be detected by device manager and be in conflict with the original NVIDIA drivers?

Thanks again for your help!

Harry

Jim_C
09-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Try searching (this is assuming you havent) here for 'no video signal' .
you will find a buch of posts dating way back, but more importantly there have been a few recently where the fix was a very simple fix. Can't remember it off the top of my head.

Jim Capillo
09-11-2005, 09:09 PM
My tech pal recently put "new" NVIDIA drivers on my machine which he says are the latest drivers from NVIDIA (released in August), and that they should work, but when I check on the current driver dates via "device manager", they appear to be the originals I've had awhile, so I'm confused.

Go HERE (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html) and d/l 66.93. AFAIK, that works without any problems. The newest drivers have some problems, I'm not sure if that's your problem, but it is a good place to start.

PIZAZZ
09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Go HERE (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html) and d/l 66.93. AFAIK, that works without any problems. The newest drivers have some problems, I'm not sure if that's your problem, but it is a good place to start.

Jim, just to make sure there are no misconceptions. Blaine, Jim and I have figured out that the 66.93 drivers are only the possible fix for the systems with PCI-Express graphics along with the 7525 Intel Chipset (ie. the X6DA8-G2 mobo)

Systems with AGP based graphics may or may not need to use the older driver.

Digital Virgin
09-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Much obliged, gentlemen. I'll give it a try.

H

Digital Virgin
09-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Much obliged, gentlemen. I'll give it a try.

H

I wish I had the time to write shorter letters.

Jim Capillo
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Jim, just to make sure there are no misconceptions. Blaine, Jim and I have figured out that the 66.93 drivers are only the possible fix for the systems with PCI-Express graphics along with the 7525 Intel Chipset (ie. the X6DA8-G2 mobo)

Systems with AGP based graphics may or may not need to use the older driver.

LOL !

I really can't take any credit for that, Jef. I did update the drivers and started having problems and figured out by process of elimination that that was causing the problems. It's not that I understand why these things do what they do like you and Blaine (and Chris) do :bowdown:

But I do try to help out and pass on info when I can.....