PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: Jump Tool

WilliamVaughan
09-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Jump Tool-
Modeler: Shortcut

This tutorial will introduce you to the Jump tool. This tool can't be foundon the interface so many users are unaware of this powerful feature.

Click here to watch (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/JumpTool.mov)

Size: 4.4 mb
Length: 1:24

toby
09-11-2005, 03:02 AM
Cool, Proton, very handy --
u r the :king:
or maybe the :yoda:

pixym
09-11-2005, 06:50 AM
I do not understand the aim of this tutorial
8~

KillMe
09-11-2005, 07:12 AM
not a tutorial just a quick demo of one of lightwaves lesser known tools - i personally never knew it existed - though i think i preferteh drag tool still

pixym
09-11-2005, 07:18 AM
not a tutorial just a quick demo...

The title of the this thread IS: Tutorial: Jump Tool
:hey:

madjester
09-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Humm, does look powerful. I can see it being useful when you have blueprints in the background, you can create a ton of polys or curves and just select and snap them to the background image.

pauland
09-11-2005, 08:09 AM
I do not understand the aim of this tutorial
8~
..err, to show you how to use the jump tool?

WilliamVaughan
09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Tutorials come in all forms. Some just show off features and tools some may not be aware of like this one. Some walk you thru step by step so that you end up making something specific.Some are just a video showing someone model or animate.

I prefer a mixture of all of the above. Just for fun I wanted to check and see what the definition was for "Tutorial"...here is some of what I discovered:

>A computer-based, interactive method of learning.

>A tutorial is a connected series of test cases that lead the user through the key features of the software. Through the process of following the tutorial, the user learns how to use the software.

>Small group teaching sessions led by a tutor for discussion and the provision of individual assistance.

>Web-based exercises which you will work through to help you understand the basic concepts of research.

>In British academic parlance, a tutorial is a small class of one, or only a few, students, in which the tutor (a professor or other academic staff member) gives individual attention to the students.

kinda fun to read....never really gave it that much thought :)

harlan
09-11-2005, 11:57 PM
who the **** cares if it's called a tutorial or a quick demo; it's useful information for those who were unaware of the jump tool. ;)

Silkrooster
09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
As far as I am concerned, if you did not know about the jump tool, then Proton acted in behalf of a teacher or tutor and now you know, so you learned something from the tutorial.
Silk