PDA

View Full Version : Flay??

riki
09-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Flay's looking fairly dead at the moment. A shame to see it fade away. Still a great resource for Plugs.
Where are people getting their LW news from these days?

Maybe Brain could enlist the help of some other trusted members of the lightwave community to do news updates. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting myself, I did say "trusted" :)

Signal to Noise
09-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Where are people getting their LW news from these days?

Uhh...here maybe?

(and if you look to the left and right on the Flay News page you'll see news)

Dodgy
09-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Try lw.artisimo.org too. They're trying to make themselves a new Flay, or at least a backup flay. Doing a good job too :)

-EsHrA-
09-10-2005, 05:22 AM
i just think its because there's not much new info related to lw.

too bad really...

mlon

Kurtis
09-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Chris has posted elsewhere that his professional duties are taking more of his time than normal right now, and he plans to refer to Flay when time allows.

Scott_Blinn
09-10-2005, 10:44 AM
What Flay needs right now is a big "LW 8.5 Released!" news item on the front page. I'm sure NewTek could help them out with this... :hey:

Panikos
09-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Flay.com had been always the greatest resource of information.
I think Newtek should provide some support to this site.
It helps so much beginners and veterans of LW.
Chris is having hard time to maintain the site up to date due to his professional activities.

:agree:

-EsHrA-
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
yeh , and while your at it, NT should support 3DBuzz too and let them make some more VTM's for Lightwave 9 and ongoing.

mlon

colkai
09-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Dunno about that, Buzz seem keen on generating their own revenue. I've never found that they put much effort into LW tutorials, rather concentrating on Maya, Max et al.
For LW vid tuts, you're better off at "Simply Lightwave" and other such sites.
Plus, Newtek have their own tutorials and rather than them pumping money into other sites, I'd rather they simply did some more of their own tutorials.

-EsHrA-
09-13-2005, 09:13 AM
i agree somewhat Colkai...
the reason Buzz focuses on Maya, Max etc. is because they are asked in the industry allot more than LW... but dont we like to see that changed?!..

mlon

colkai
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Nah? what would the Alive Plugins(TM) have to moan about then? :p ;)