PDA

View Full Version : Let's please go over DVD Authoring; Have Prob

frankknee
09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I have a problem burning direct or creating a file when using the DVD Authoring feature. I CAN create an AVI while running my VT4 Toaster project, but obviously I want ULEAD VFW MPEG Capture.
Shows image fine but does not execute a burn or capture
This is the one we want to cut DVD's No? What's the problem here. I work through the CAPTURE TAB which seems to Network with the burn DVD button of the FINISH TAB

THE FOUR POSSIBLE TEMPLATE SETTINGS ARE;

ULEAD VFW Capture Plug-in

is an avi WORKS but not good for DVD cutting, and sound is off timing with picture when played in ULEAD, but OK in Windows Media Player. I Have a very good system, 3.2 Gig Chip Intel @ Gig ram...wonder about the required speed of the drives though,,, using through USB Port one of those USB IDE drives. That should be fine to create DVD files.

ULEAD Direct Show PLUGGIN

NO SCREEN

ULEAD VFW MPEG Capture
Shows image fine but does not execute a burn or capture
This is the one we want to cut DVD's No?

ULEAD DSW MPEG Plug-in

Symptom: No Screen WINDOW APPEARS:"No Video Capture Driver
Installed or No Device Connected"

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? SOMETHING I MISSED??? WHY DOES IT SAY:

"FAILED IN CAPTURING: THE CREATED FILE IS CORRUPTED AND UNSUBLE AND WILL BE DELETED."

Why did it fail? Why didn't it create a usuable file?

Your help is appreciated.... fast response is necessary... NASA needs my DVD for previewing...

Francis

Lebowski
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I usually compress my project to one .DV2, .RTV or project file and import that into Ulead. Then just burn it. If you are just importing a file that is ready to go then you may not have that problem...

frankknee
09-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for your help....From which software do I Make DV2 or RTV File? Toaster or ULEAD? And through which menus????

Also, I have problem with Windows Media Player NOT SEEING the DVD unit to play content. It Says: " Windows Media Player cannot play because a compatable DVD decoder is not on your computer."

Where do I find the compatable decoder??? When I look at the DVD manufacturer; IO Magic, they say at their site:

"FAQ
Do I need a driver for my CDROM/DVD/CDRW to work with Windows XP?
There are no drivers necessary. All of our optical drives use default Windows drivers and in the properties of Windows it will list the drive as a CD-ROM. This is normal. If you are looking for drivers to allow functionality with other CDRW burning program, you will need to visit their site for updates to their software. In order for a CDRW to work with a software, especially a newer burner, you must have the most recent version of the software installed.

Some users of XP have noticed that XP has a problem with its aspi layer drivers. If your drive is not installing, an aspi driver update is available at http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe Download and install this update. "

Well, my Drive DOES intstall fine. It's just not reading the DVD. Anyone know why?

Thanks Frank

thartikka
09-12-2005, 08:02 AM
You make a DV2 file from the toaster with the render utility. ULead should have a DVD player installed with it. Make sure it does. If so you can play DVD's with it. Also, if the player is installed your machine will have the codec installed that is necessary for WMP to play DVDs. Most llikely, the reason it doesn't play them is the necessary codec is not installed.

FYI, ULead Movie Factory Suite 3 is easier software to use than that which comes with VT4.

Also, Ulead should import the DV2 avi file you create in toaster, but I always encode the DV2 file to an MPEG2 file before using ULead, as I feel ULead works better this way. (That's easy for me to say because our station has a hardware encoder. You can use TMPEG software too.)

Scott Bates
09-12-2005, 10:54 AM
FWIW, TMPGEnc yields much higher mpeg2 quality than encoding in DVD Workshop. Worth every bit of the $49 US or whatever they charge for it these days.

VisionTecVideo
05-15-2007, 11:29 PM
TMPGE use to reconize and encode my RTV from my VT3in MPEG2. However ever since I purchased VT4.6 TMPGE give me an error saying it does not reconize RTV. Can anyone explain this to me?

SBowie
05-16-2007, 05:40 AM
TMPGE use to reconize and encode my RTV from my VT3in MPEG2. However ever since I purchased VT4.6 TMPGE give me an error saying it does not reconize RTV. Can anyone explain this to me?When you installed 4.6, did you run the third party installer?