PDA

View Full Version : Object Replacement Shadow Error

grfxguy
09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I've been using RealFlow to get a nice water animation within a tunnel. I've got a transparency gradient based on surface thickness on the mesh. Everything looks great, until I try to render a sequence. The first frame renders great, but every frame after that has shadows that look as if the water was solid. The water itself is still transparent, but the double-siding (which I need for surface thickness) has been deactivated. I've tried removing the surface thickness, and the shadow problem persists. Every other setting is fine. It is only shadow tranparency and double-siding that are affected.

Has anyone come across this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

toby
09-09-2005, 02:32 PM
You're not using shadow maps are you?

grfxguy
09-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Nope, no shadow maps. Only ray tracing. Like I said, the first frame looks fine. It's just after it loads in a new object that it breaks. And it only break when rendering a sequence. If I manually advance a frame and do an F9, it looks fine.

Still can't figure it out.

Jarno
09-09-2005, 08:57 PM
I've come across this bug before. I thought it got fixed. What version of LW are you using?

---JvdL---

toby
09-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey! It's Tuff l'il Unit!
Always loved your logo. And the Hypervoxel deformer thing.

grfxguy
09-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm using 8.3. Latest and greatest. I'm still fiddling with settings, and can't seem to get it to render correctly. You said you've seen the bug before, were you able to find a workaround?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.