PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Glass tutorial, anyone have it?

meanlebh
09-08-2005, 03:34 PM
I was trying to find the tutorial that used to be on this (http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials%20/texturing.htm) site for creating realistic glass....I have used it in the past, but can't seem to find it on my computer....anyways, the link no longer seems to go to the right place and I can't find it on the website that it takes me to...I was wondering if anyone had it, and if they could maybe e-mail it to me, or post another way of accessing it if that is possible? thanks for any help.

-Brian

Matt
09-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Check you email Brian!

Cheers
Matt

meanlebh
09-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Wow, that was quick, thanks a lot Matt, that is exactly what I needed! once again the lw community comes through. Thanks!

-Brian

MrChristopherSL
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Carre to share the link with the rest of us?

Thanks,

Chris

BazC
09-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah I'd be interested in seeing it!

My email if you're willing to send it!

[email protected]

Thanks! :)

meanlebh
09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
BazC, I just saw your post and passed on the files that Matt e-mailed to me...sorry that I didn't see your post earlier....anyways, hope you get it alright.

Chris, there isn't a link for the tutorial online anymore that I was able to find....anyways, I tried to e-mail it to you as well but couldn't find your e-mail address....

BazC
09-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes I got it, thanks a lot! Nice tut :o)

newsvixen8
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
A good tut for any newbies out there would be:
http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/LightwaveTuts/LWPacks/LWGlass/LWGlass-1.html

lardbros
09-13-2005, 06:41 AM
Is it the 3dworld PDF tutorial? It should be on their website as a download... or atleast it used to be, that's where i got it from. Okay, they don't appear to have it there anymore... it's a really good one too!

Matt
09-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Yep it was that one!

I know, I know, shouldn't pass it on, but it was on their site as a free download once so I thought what the heck!

lardbros
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Yep it was that one!

I know, I know, shouldn't pass it on, but it was on their site as a free download once so I thought what the heck!

I wasn't implying that it shouldn't be passed on... it clearly says who it's by on it anyway, and it's such a good tutorial that it'd be a waste not handing it around. Just couldn't understand why the 3dworld website is some merged version of Computer Arts and other Future publishing things. I wouldn't mind if they kept the whole backlog of their tutorials but when they changed it they now have the most recent ones and that's it! :thumbsdow

Maybe i'll write an email to them and ask why!

Matt
09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh I wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting that!

:D

lardbros
09-15-2005, 06:10 AM

I emailed 3dworld magazine asking why they don't have that tutorial up anymore.

They said:
"We are delighted that you liked our tutorial Tim and have requested it to be available on our website, but unfortunately Matt Gorner has been handing it out on the internet willy nilly and is in deep doo doo with our solicitor."

Seems a bit unfair that!

Matt
09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Sue me!

;)

Matt
09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Sosumi!

;)