PDA

View Full Version : QuicktimeVR Car Interior?....

LaughingVulcan
09-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Has anyone tried this with any success?

I've been trying to do a QTVR that allows you to 'look' around the inside of a 3D car. I kinda followed the tute on the tute section of the site (even if the math behind it completely lost me...) and can do it for a logo that the camera goes around...But THIS has got me baffled.

Are there any tutes on this that you guys know about?

Thanks,

Greg :help: :lwicon: :bangwall: :censored:

marlo.steed
09-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Well I have been successful doing this some time back. I am attaching the file that I used to take the pictures (6 cameras). Then I stitched the images using QTVRMakeCubic (free download from Apple). Here the instructions for doing it with one camera:

1) Load your scene in layout
2) Put Camera in the "center" of the scene.
3) In Camera panel change Width and Height to 400 x 400 for example or any square aspect you want.
4) Go to zoom factor and put 1 to have 90 x 90 FOV
5) Render your frame at 0 degrees on H and save image, rotate 90 degrees on H render again and save, rotate to 180 on H render and save, rotate 270 on H render and save. Finally you have to return to 0 degrees and rotate the image 90 degrees but this time on "P" to make camera looks to the floor, render and save, rotate again to -90 on P render and save.
6) Name images as follow:

Front image...A
Right image...B
Back image...C
Left image...D
Top image...E
Bottom image...F

All this to MakecubicVR recognize images in order and make the panorama without mess all views.
Open the program load the images with default setings and press OK. Then you still have to export as Quicktime VR movie.

Hope that helps.

LaughingVulcan
11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks.

I'll have a whack at it, and let you know how it works.

My boss has been INSISTANT on figuring this thing out for one of our clients... :cry:

LaughingVulcan
04-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Marlo,
Thanks for the idea, but that doesn't come out as 'hi-end' as my boss wants. I'm back to playing with the camera again, and it seems to be working this time.

Be Well.

Greg