PDA

View Full Version : dinning room

artecnl
09-06-2005, 12:50 PM
hi guys i did this yesterday moving and arranging lights (i went mad) im think isnīt right, but i hope you give me critics and some advices , iīll thank you if you do that, well hope you like it, is done in lightwave 8.0 and rendered in Fprime 2 area light and a photo in the background.
see ya.
cheers :D

Schwing
09-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Nice. For a room with white walls and reflective flooring, your ambient light seems too low. There is no detail in the shadowed area of the dinette set. :)

jbr3d
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Lighting can be a challenge, but if done right your image will be much improved.
It looks like you have both area light shadows on? I would turn off shadows in one of the lights and focus on one light as your key light. Try playing around with point lights as "fill lights" in areas that need to be brighter. Try also creating a 3 point lighting setup. Heres a link http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/animation/3point-light/ Just experiment with lighting, the power and electricity in LightWave is free !! It will make or break an image.

I would also suggest reading a book called LightWave 3D Lighting..heres a link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556220944/102-0359978-1835349?v=glance

DragonFist
09-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I like it!

artecnl
09-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Schwing thnks for the advice, i'll follow the jbr3dīs advices, of lighting, in that scene i put 3 area lights, two inside and one outside.
jbr3d thanks for the link, im going to read that book. thanks a lot.
DragonFist THanks :D

ruud
09-09-2005, 04:01 AM
the radiosity works, but it doesn't help your atmosphere! Turn off the radiosity and start with simple lights. then, when you have an interesting image, you can turn it on again.

You also have to take a serious look at your surfaces since they don't compliment eachother.

Make it a bit more chaotic, rotate some chairs and change the perspective.

It still needs a lot of work

have fun! :)

artecnl
09-09-2005, 06:41 AM
hi ruud, thanks for you advices, is good to hear critics of you you have a great images, well im gonna work on the lighting first, and yes i'll gonna change the chairs, maybe i move the frame, and what fo you think, darker or brighter walls? im gonna experiment, well thank you very much
Cheers.