PDA

View Full Version : Audio Problems / Crashing

wvp
05-01-2003, 01:39 PM
I've got two problems:

1) A photomontage project where everything looks fine on the timeline. When you play it, the audio transitions are not correct.
For example, you fade one song out & start at the beginning of another song fading up. Sometimes it will play fine, but most times the second song will not start at the beginning - even though the timeline shows it is starting at the beginning.
Sometimes 'scrubbing" along the are will help, but I have not been able to output the project yet.

2) Seperate issue - TED will lock up or crash when deleting clips in a sub project. It does not happen all the time, but seems to happen several times in a day when it does.

We are running build 3890 on a Dual Xeon 1gb ram, Nivida display card with Windows XP. The system is about 3 months old.

Thanks for the help!

Paul Lara
05-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by wvp
but most times the second song will not start at the beginning - even though the timeline shows it is starting at the beginning.

I'd heard of this happening sometimes with mp3 files. If these are mp3, render them to .wav and try it that way.

wvp
05-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Yes, Paul. they are mp3.
I will try this tomarrow.
Any chance this can be fixed?
I'm getting ready to put a bunch of mp3's in a "library" and don't want to do this if it is going to cause problems.

JReble
05-02-2003, 05:46 AM
I know Newtek made improvements to the way T2 handles MP3, but I would remember the recommendation to convert them to WAVs. MP3s will be probably always be a difficult issue since they are compressed and there are any given number of compression setting for individual mp3s. All that requires the system to work harder to interpret the data and that results in delays, hangups, and possibly lockups. You can always do as I do and keep lots of MP3s in your library and simply load them into an audio app and immediately save them as WAVs to use in your timeline as needed. This will always be your safest bet for editing and doesn't take but a second. You can always use the mp3s direct for live use in the ddr, but when using them in editing one should take the extra step to insure a quality product.

Danner
05-05-2003, 12:19 AM
on the subprojects issue, make sure the properties panel is closed while opening and closing subprojects, it has been known to crash VT