PDA

View Full Version : SpacePilot by 3DXConnection

David
09-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Is the spacepilot by 3Dxconnection used with lightwave? It is not on the list of suppported devices. Look at the link below. A two handed input device would be great for fliping models and changing views!

http://www.3dconnexion.com/video/High.wmv
http://www.3dconnexion.com/spacepilot.htm

David
09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Dose any one here use 3Dfx with the controler above?

kmacphail
09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Lightwave doesn't natively support motion controllers like the spacepilot. Do a search on these forums for SpaceBall and you should find more information.

I personally would love for Lightwave to start supporting these devices, maybe support will finally make it into LW9.

-Kevin

Ziva Nissan
09-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Hello:

We are currently speaking with Newtek about support for SpacePilot and other 3Dconnexion products in Lightwave. Stay tuned!

Ziva Nissan
Product Marketing Manager
3Dconnexion, Inc.

Signal to Noise
05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
>and the sound of crickets can be heard across the land<

Then, suddenly, a voice speaks:

So...any word on what's happing support-wise between 3Dconnexion & NT? I'm this close (imagine a thumb and forefinger millimetres apart) in buying a Space Pilot.

jaf
10-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I'd like to bump this up, since I own LW9 and a SpacePilot. Any word back?

Bill Carey
10-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Let's keep it bumping, I had my wife talked into one, then researched and found it doesn't work with LW. And someone said it DOES work with Hexagon?

Help us Newtek, you're our only hope......

It was a year ago for the post from 3Dconnexion saying they had contacted Newtek. Any word?

jaf
10-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Yes, it does work with the windows version of Hexagon (2.1). I think I saw a post that it doesn't work with the mac version, but I may be mistaken.

3D|Dave
10-13-2006, 10:50 PM
There are no general 3D device drivers like a 2D mouse for windows so the maker of the spaceball has to make the driver. Thus far I don't think there are drivers for Lightwave, Maya, XSI, ect. Just the usual 3D Cad programs like ProE, Solid Edge and Solid Works.