PDA

View Full Version : Arg, Things like this just...

WizCraker
09-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Arg, Things like this just piss me off. I have changed my address on the registration, I ordered the upgrade to 9 and also swapped out my parallel port for a usb dongle.

It [the dongle] was shipped yesterday Friday and I just checked it on ups tracking they shipped it to my old address which I haven't lived for over a year now. It was even modified by customer service when I ordered over the phone same to the new address, at least that is what they told me when they were asking for my address and city.

Now someone in Pflugerville Texas [over 900 miles away from where I'm at] is going to get my dongle and I guess Vue 5 [assuming everything ways .5 lbs] at my expense.

When I sent my old dongle back I insured it just in case it never got to them it would be covered for the cost of the license. However I did not expect NewTek to have such incompetence to ship it to an address that I specifically had changed the day I ordered the product while talking to customer service.

I guess they didn't notice the return address on the big fracking* certified mail envolope and also the included system details that they asked for which was a printout of the Dell order that had the shipping address of where I am at on it. Guess I should have written in as simple kindergarden form in big fracking letters send to xxxxxx address which was changed on day of order.

My confidence in NewTek has turned 180 degrees around and is quickly going down after this clusterf***.

*The Use of the word Frack was coined by the writers of Battlestar Galactica which is a fictional curse word. For instance when the pilot originally aired on SciFi channel the phrase "superior a******" was used by Starbuck (Kara Thrace) - when later aired on NBC the phrase became "superior frack-head." It is a creative way for networks to follow the FCC guidelines for shows on network television.

WizCraker
09-03-2005, 06:51 PM
If it wasn't for UPS tracking I would of been in the dark about this order. Also I have called UPS and told them of the shipping error so they can intercept it before it gets to the previous address. My guess I will have to pay more for shipping to get it to the correct state and eventually in my hands.

BazC
09-04-2005, 02:19 AM
If the error is Newtek's fault I'm sure they will cover any costs to get the dongle to the correct address!

archiea
09-04-2005, 10:22 AM
My confidence in NewTek has turned 180 degrees around and is quickly going down after this clusterf***.

*The Use of the word Frack was coined by the writers of Battlestar Galactica which is a fictional curse word. For instance when the pilot originally aired on SciFi channel the phrase "superior a******" was used by Starbuck (Kara Thrace) - when later aired on NBC the phrase became "superior frack-head." It is a creative way for networks to follow the FCC guidelines for shows on network television.

Don't you mean "clusterfrack"?

hrgiger
09-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Well as much as it pisses me off when that happens, you can't collectively blame Newtek for the oversight of one person. Now if you did end up having to pay more, I'd ask for their asses on a platter...or just due compensation. Whichever.

cresshead
09-04-2005, 04:20 PM
just gotta add that Battlestar Galactica is my FAV tv show...really looking forward to season 2 over here in the u.k. and the dvd as well!

....yeah sorta off topic but still links into lw! :lwicon: :) :D :thumbsup: :lightwave :beerchug:

krimpr
09-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm sure it will work out for you WizCraker; I'm presently a little bit miffed at them regarding the dongle issue too. I just did the trade from parallel also and got my new one on Wednesday. Spent Thursday sending emails out requesting new activation codes and going through tons of poorly libraried cd's getting proof of purchases for all the plugins I bought for the new ID. I called Newtek and got the new activation for my LW8.3, and asked them for the proper activation for my 7.5 too. "We'll email it to you later today." Same answer when I still hadn't received it Friday morning. I called them Friday afternoon and left a message on a stupid answering machine. I was working on something and wanted to use 7.5 because that's what I had been using and had it set up the way I like it and all of the plugins were properly set up in my menu config. Needless to say it still hasn't come (I knew it wouldn't after Friday closing) and I had already dropped off my old dongle at the post office for shipment. Newtek is the last software company I would have believed to have leave me hanging like that. I'll get over it, but I still want my number.

WizCraker
09-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Don't you mean "clusterfrack"?

Yes I do mean that.