PDA

View Full Version : NT Please Make This A Sticky.

Surrealist.
09-03-2005, 02:12 PM
If you have a dongle installed and you have just registered your product and have followed all of the instructions, entered your licence key and you are still getting the 14 day trial message, do this:

In Layout go to Help/Enter License and enter your license key there.

There are alternate solutions others are sure to post.

Mylenium
09-04-2005, 03:12 AM
If you have a dongle installed and you have just registered your product and have followed all of the instructions, entered your licence key and you are still getting the 14 day trial message, do this:

In Layout go to Help/Enter License and enter your license key there.

There are alternate solutions others are sure to post.

This is a rubbish proposal since e.g. my LW 8.3 did not include such a menu entry. This clearly seems to be a problem of which verion of the install one gets (again, since everybody thought this was resolved). If I wasn't a long-time waver and didn't know about license.key, I'd have ben stumped. This certainly is something that will drive a lot of LW newbies mad.

Mylenium

evenflcw
09-04-2005, 04:28 AM
I wasn't even aware of MakeLicense.

What's the point of having alternative ways to register the product anyway? There should be only one. Having multiple ways to register the product only lead to confusion of what needs to be done. With multiple ways available I bet some people have registered their software more than once just to make sure, or because they didn't understand that one procedure was enough. If one way works fine (RegisterLightwave.exe worked for me), there is no need for a second, especially one that is dependent on menu configurations. You only need to register once, so why even bother making it available within Lightwaves interface. Oh well.