PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Streaming Profiles [?]

djWHEAT
09-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Greetings,

I have a question about the Windows Media Streaming built-in to the Tricaster. We actually output all our video and stream using a different codec. I see the ability to save my "stream" directly to disc on the TriCaster... however, I have a few questions:

1. There are only 3 profiles for me to choose from. Is it possible to modify these profiles to provide a better quality output when I save to WMV? I find it hard to believe that I couldn't save it at 640x480 30fps 750kbit, and am only limited to the 3 profiles by default. I could save myself and volunteers ALOT of time if I could get a high quality WMV output. But I'm fairly inefficent in Windows Media.

2. Does this effect the VCR at all when streaming? I noticed in some cases when I was saving to disc and playing a movie from the VCR that it would skip or chop. If I need to save to a external drive I can... I was just curious.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with #1. It could really save some time!

JumboCast
09-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I had quite a bit of momentary angst about this, until Paul calmly pointed out to me that, in fact, the profiles are customizable. If you go into c:\TriCaster\User Data\Default User\StreamProfiles, you'll see the profiles there. I believe you can add to/rename/edit the profiles in that directory. Happy streaming!

Steve Clay
JumboCast

P.S. I would assume that, yes, choppiness would result from simultaneously reading from and writing to the same drive...