PDA

View Full Version : iVGA random disconnect

timvincent
09-03-2005, 12:42 PM
While getting our new TriCaster set up I've noticed that the VGA input is getting disconnected randomly. The client computer is still making a signal, iVGA is still running on it, and reconnecting the input happens quickly. However, since 90% of our material will be via VGA, this concerns me greatly. If I cannot depend on that connection I will be unable to use the TriCaster. Any ideas on what might be causing this? The two devices are connected via a gigabit switch and not directly, Thanks!

JumboCast
09-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Tim,

I'm under the impression that the juuust-about-to-be-ready-for-testing TriCaster patch contains enhancements (possible even "numerous enhacements") to the iVGA process. If you can stick it out, it might make sense to wait until we see if this solves the problem. I'm sure Paul will have more input when he checks in next...

Steve Clay
JumboCast

timvincent
09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I hope you are right because I will have to return the TriCaster if I can't depend on it to keep connected to the VGA source. I'd hate to have to do that because it solves so many of our other problems.

Tim

timvincent
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey All,
I was able to solve the iVGA random disconnections by using a direct connection to the PowerPoint PC and using the new iVGA client. Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

achuakh
09-21-2005, 07:27 PM
yup try the new ivga patch and maybe the new update of the tricaster software.

this will solve your problems.

i'm streaming vga stuff 99.5% of the time.