PDA

View Full Version : particles

jnddepew
09-03-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm having a problem with particles. I have a particle emmiter. I have it shooting particles at this target. I scroll along the timeline. they go fine heading toward the target etc. then I put on hypervoxels and make them little yellow blobs. now i try to render it, they all go back to their starting places like they were never moving. I say AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I calculate it again and the particles obediently start shooting toward the target. I get it to a frame where there are a few particles in view of the camera, I render and Voila! The stupid things go back to their starting places like they never had any motion. when I use viper, it's fine and dandy, but when I actually try to render it, nope! :cursin: :compbeati :bangwall: 8~

jnddepew
09-04-2005, 01:03 PM
can someone please answer? this one shouldn't be so hard!

toby
09-04-2005, 01:30 PM
You have to save the dynamics calculation after calculating it. Go to the File tab and hit 'save motion', save it in a 'Motions' folder, alongside your scenes and images folders, as a .pfx file.

MonroePoteet
09-04-2005, 01:40 PM
The only time I've seen particles which aren't "in the right place" is when I interrupt the Calculate partially through the scene (by pressing CTRL) and then try to render a frame which hasn't been calculated. Be sure to press the "Calculate" button in the Dynamics tab of your emitter and let it run through the entire scene. Scrubbing the timeline *might* work, but letting the Calculate button complete frame-by-frame should definitely calculate particle positions for each frame in the scene.

The only other thing which comes to mind is perhaps your particle lifespan is short, and you're actually seeing *different* particles emitted later.

If you continue to see the problem, posting a scene file which demonstrates the issue would help in diagnosis.

mTp

jnddepew
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
WOW! thank you so much! it works!

Now how do you get particles to disappear when they hit and object? :newhere:

MonroePoteet
09-05-2005, 02:11 PM
In the Dynamics tab of the target object's Properties panel, add a Dynamic object of type "Collision". Double-click FX Collision to set its attributes. Set the collision type to "Object" and the mode to "Erase".

mTp