PDA

View Full Version : Help I havn't been able to down a update since v8.0

Robert_05
09-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Look people this is getting really srewed i havn't been able to download a update since version 8.0 on the european side and i have really lost my patients.. oh i have no idea why you can't download there is no reason for it.. fu?k.. this is getting to be bull****.. all i see is you can close this window once the download is done how long should i wait for the download to even start ?????

you really should consider a better solution to this bull**** website in europe and give all users and onwers a ftp download.. dammm it this is not worse it the pain i'm having and bull**** replys . :thumbsdow ..

God what do i have to do kill my mother for a update ??? :thumbsdow

Robert

pauland
09-03-2005, 03:41 AM
God what do i have to do kill my mother for a update ??? :thumbsdow

Robert

Go and see the quack for some chill pills. Then email or telephone Newtek Europe customer support and I'm sure they'll help you out.

Rather a better strategy than ranting and raving here..

Yamba
09-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I had the same problems and the same frustrations your going through but I'm pleased to say that all were resolved three weeks ago. I found the right person at Newtek who guided me (with great patience I might add) through the many hardware and software issues that made downloading impossible.

I had issues with my internet setup, system setup and passwords, cookies being my major problem, all these difficulties were resolved so atleast I was able to get to were your at and that was downloading.

Downloading was extremely frustrating, like you downloading wouldn't start or it would start then slowly grind to a halt and sit there for hours, it drove me crazy!. I found that choosing a time when the rest of the world, your Northern Hemisphere, was asleep allowed me to complete a download. This took three nights to get all the upgrades into my system after some FOURTY FIVE+ attempts. Frustrating YES, Not good enough YES, but in the end patience and persistance paid dividends.

Hang in there and although it's easy to say don't get stressed.

As the pauland suggested CHILL, life is too short and 3D is too much fun to get an ulser over.

Stormrazor
09-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Robert,

I can understand your issues. And I don't mean to make it sound like I am patronizing you, but dude, in your relief of pressure you did not list what you have done. Have you called Newtek? Everytime I call I get the most professional help I have had a chance to experience. All I suggest is keep a professional attitude and some level headedness, and call. Remember not only 3D'ers surf here, but I am sure some employers and freelance seekers to.

Newtek Lightwave 3d is one of the best programs I have had my hands on.

Thanks,

John

Robert_05
09-04-2005, 10:54 AM
my replies are always the same we don't you what problem you have and the us i can't reg my soft for i live in europe.. and they at the european side can't solve my problem... I've beend ask to wait until updates are made on there website and so on .. but since they changed the why we can download our updates nothing works anymore i even installed a system from ground up just to make sure no other programs are effecting the downloads i turned off my firewalls excepted all cookies etc... and all i ever see is you can close this window after the download has started and thats since version 8... and if i have to make my system so insecure just to download a update i think somehting is wrong...

No one at anytime said lightwave itself has a problem .. I will always use lightwave .. in my eyes lightwave is the best 3d progam around... and i [email protected] care what others think.. we are talking about the probelm with downlaoding the updates nothing more .. and to be honest I'm tried of hearing we don't know why it don't work. a propure FTP download or even alternative download would help solve the problem.. I will not reinstall a system again just so they can tell me we [email protected] understand your problem.

pauland
09-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Something's wrong somewhere (obviously) and if they can't reproduce it and you don't know what it is then that's a problem. Surely they'll send you a CD?

I don't think it's a question of security as such - I can manage the download with firewall and all sorts still active.

I do have a problem with the web pages on www.NewtekTv.com - can't do anything with that.

As I said - insist they mail a CD to you. It may not help, but in the past on some downloads I had to set 'Use passive FTP' on my ie internet settings (under the advanced tab). Something to check if you're using ie.

Good luck.

monfoodoo
09-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Try downloading from a other PC.I had the same problem,so i just used my ladies laptop,put it on a pocket drive and transfered to mine and WALA.! scott

BeeVee
09-07-2005, 08:14 AM
You haven't explained the steps you've gone through, so I shall just list a few problems that I have resolved for other people:

1. Try a different browser - Firefox, Opera or others. If you are Mac-based try using a PC, and vice versa if necessary;
2. If you have Norton anywhere on your system get rid of it - it has been responsible for more problems than any other reason, in my experience;
3. If you are using IE, make sure you clear you cache, history and cookies:
4. Do not use a download accelerator;
5. The last thing to bear in mind is that you don't need to get all the previous updates to 8.0, just 8.3.

B