PDA

View Full Version : Timing is out on the preview

pilkiwilky
09-02-2005, 04:45 PM
If someone can answer this one I will be extremely impressed!

OK here's the deal: I have my animation that I am trying to put to live footage.

I make a wireframe preview of the whole animation and saved the preview file to my desktop as a quicktime file.

My scene is set to 24 fps so the output preview file is also set to 24 fps (I opened it in QT Pro and checked)

I then took that preview file into my final cut editing system and brough it into my live footage that was shot and it being edited into a timeline that is at 24 fps.

I spent days editing the timing and it all looks great.... then I went back to Lightwave and rendered the final scene using Fprime and output in a Photoshop sequence.

I then opened the image files in QT pro and exported as an animation codec quicktime movie - still in 24p.

Finally when I bring it all into FCP the timing is off.

I tried opening the original preview file and then the new rendered file (both are of the exact same animation and then I look at the time and one is slightly longer than than the other by like a second)

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening - please help!

Thanks

MonroePoteet
09-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, here's my wild guess.

Try using LW's Quicktime encoder to convert the image sequence to Quicktime rather than QT Pro's. In other words, bring the final rendered image sequence into LW as a background image on the Compositing page, set the scene FPS to 24, set Quicktime output files on the Render Options page, and render it to Quicktime using F10 in Lightwave. I'd expect the QT encoder used by LW for the preview to be the same as that used to produce an output MOV, which would hopefully be the same frame rate, etc..

I can believe that there's some subtle difference in the encoders between LW and QT Pro. I can't imagine what it would be, though.

Good luck!
mTp