PDA

View Full Version : Check out the first episode to my cartoon!

Jean-Paul Lar.
09-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey, fellow lightwavers I just put the first episode of my cartoon up on my web site http://frankyvsdeath.com/. It was made with lightwave 8 and vue 5 infinite. hope you like it. just to warn you theres 3 different versions of quality and they range from 70 mb to 30 mb and the 70 mb by far looks the best but you need quicktime 7 to watch it.. I hope you like it :thumbsup:

ColinCohen
09-03-2005, 09:08 AM
An interesting idea and nice work.

In the next episode, I would suggest working a little more on the character animation (especially in regards to anticipation, follow-through, and in-betweens) and less on the fancy backgrounds.

Looking forward to it.

Jean-Paul Lar.
09-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the comments and I fully agree. :thumbsup:
Animation isn't my strong point but this cartoon taught me allot about animating so im hoping my next one will be better and the next one even better. :D

Martin Adams
09-03-2005, 01:14 PM
You've done far better than what I could do. I would however agree with regards to the animation. Looking at it you've paid particular attention to some details but the animation still has that robotic single movement feel. Also, I did notice that when the character is picking something up, for example the gun, the object moved to the character on its own which wasn't natural.

I think you've got a good basis to work from to produce something really good. Do focus on the anticipation, follow-thros, etc as Colin suggested. Also, make sure that your walk cycles are fluid, motion doesn't suddenly freeze when its over, camera movement isn't robotic and obey the laws of gravity when the character is changing position. I would also recommend that some shots be more to the point so don't hold a single camera shot for longer than absolutely necessary.

One DVD that I thought was great for this type of animation is Jeff Lew's character animation DVD. Its for Animation:Master specifically but the content can be applied to any 3D app. You obviously know the LW specific things so you'd have no trouble translating:
http://www.jefflew.com/

Keep up the good work.

Jean-Paul Lar.
09-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the comments guys it is very helpfull and constructive. :thumbsup:

Silkrooster
09-03-2005, 04:31 PM
One small note. Quicktime 7 is not available for pc's yet. There is a beta version on Apple's website.
Silk

archiea
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Great imagination. As others said, build up you animation skills, but keep making movies....

JamesCurtis
09-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I'd love to actually be able to see your animatiion, but since quicktime 7 isn't officially out for the PD I can't! Would suggest making it in Quicktime 6 or even 5 because not everyone will go to Quicktime 7 especially when they'd have to lose thier "paid for" Pro versions when going to 7. Just a suggestion. The free versions nag too much about upgrading to Pro!!

Jean-Paul Lar.
09-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Im looking into making a version for windows media so hopfully by the weekend I will have it up in both formats. The medium and low quality versions on my site were done for quicktime 6 so I hope those are watchable for more people. thanks for the info. :D

Silkrooster
09-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Yep the medium format played fine on my pc. Nice video BTW.
Silk