PDA

View Full Version : wip lobby / reception scene

wendoline
09-02-2005, 07:12 AM
hi,

this is my first post of example works on this forum. i saw the "stairwell" post by otacon yesterday and liked a lot, so i decided to construct a similar stairwell but extend it and show it as part of an entrance lobby or reception area (haven't quite decided which yet, we'll see where it leads).... still a lot of work to do on the scene, but i thought it'd post what i have so far to see what people think.. any comments good or bad are welcome..

ingo
09-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Great pictures so far (who is otacon ;) ). It looks like you have placed an area light just outside the window, the shadows from the windowframe on the wall is too visible. Try to make the light a bit smaller than the window so that the shadows are not visible that much. Otherwise nice atmosphere. Lightwave renderer or FPrime ?

pauland
09-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Superb. I would have left my comment at that, but it has to be at least 10 characters.. ;-)

adrian
09-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Super renders indeed!

Adrian.

wendoline
09-03-2005, 07:40 AM
thanx for your comments,

rendered with fprime (2 bounce radiosity) @ 200% HDTV size in approx 3 hours each. the final versions will need much grain removed so will take a lot longer and i wouldn't mind perhaps increasing the radiosity bounces to 3 or 4.

the effect on the wall from the window frame is a little unfortunate by its prominence. it comes from the fact i have one extremely large area light outside the window instead of littler ones for each window panel... this might actually be responsible for more noise than the radiosity is but i haven't looked into that yet..

i've just noticed i should've posted in the "work in progress" section cos it aint actually a finished works yet... sorry..

cheers
ian

Brian Arndt
09-08-2005, 03:53 PM
This scene really reminds me of the apartment in the Jet Li movie "The Defender"