David
09-02-2005, 05:11 AM
Dose it work with VT[4.5]?

and

Is it worth the price?

ScorpioProd
09-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Bob updated it for 4.5.

It's worth the money if it does what you want it to do. :)

David
09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Where can I buy LW-Connect, it is not on VTknowledge.com (isn't that Bob Tasa web site)?

ScorpioProd
09-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Nope, Bob's website is www.toastergarage.com .

KSTAR
09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I got mine from SafeHarbor. I have not had a lot of time to expirement with it yet but its a cool plugin and has a lot of potential. If you have good lightwave skills and a good imagination you can go far beyond the preset scenes that come with it :thumbsup:

radams
09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Hi All,

For those who've even just looked at the highend post systems such as smoke, etc...this little LWconnect plugin gives you functionality that could only be found in that high level...so take a look at what's under the hood..

LWconnect can easily be used with the presets and allows you to create your own...but taken even farther gives you one of the MOST powerful integrated toolsets available anywhere...add in Mirage...and Fusion...the only limit is your imagination...

Cheers,

UnCommonGrafx
09-03-2005, 07:52 AM
That covers what I wanted to say. (Chuckle, have been biting my tongue to say!)
Thanks for saying it, Ray.

wvp
09-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Bob updated it for 4.5.

It's worth the money if it does what you want it to do. :)
Sure wish I could get it -- I have received no "update email", I have not found an update on the tosatergarage site and Bob has not responded to my email asking if an update is available.
At least now I know one is available!
Now I just need to find a way to get it (and updates to other plug-ins I own).

eon5
09-06-2005, 07:30 PM
works in NTSC & PAL formats ?

Bobt
09-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Hi,
I dont drop by here much anymore, someone had to email me..
FYI, I have been busy with Oasis and when I am in development mode
I get out of touch. If you need the any update for 4.5 just email me.

Eon5
LWConnect does work for PAL and NTSC. I have a couple of PAL users.

To purchase Safe Harbor, Video Hrdware Services, Varto Technologies.

Sorry for being so absent, curse of being one man shop.
Bob

JReble
09-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Hey Bob,

Any chance you can farm out the registration and/or update process to one or more of your authorized vendors or something. I understand you're a one man band like the rest of us, but it gets a little scary not being able to connect in a timely fashion on some of this update or registration stuff.

wvp
09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
An update for those you thinking of using LW Connect (or other plug-ins from Bob)...
I've sent 3 emails to Bob regarding an update that will allow me to not only use LWC with VT 4.5 BUT ACTUALLY OPEN previous VT4 projects that use his plug-ins. The only response I got was his posting here saying to email him. I did, a week later I still have no response. :cursin:
At this point it saddens me to say that while his products are great, the support is non-existent. If you wish to use these plug-ins, do so with the understanding that if you want (or need) to upgrade your VT software any and all projects that use these plug-ins WILL BE UNUSEABLE until you can get an update from Bob.
This is the second time now that I have had to ask repeatedly for an update. I'm done.
Bob, if you want to email the update to me or send me a link - you can either use the email address you should have on file or send a private message.
It's more important to me to upgrade the VT than the plug-ins so from now on it looks like I will stop using the plug-ins. :(

Bobt
09-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi,???
First I am sorry. If anything I am responsive. I may not always get
things right but I answer ASAP..

FYI, I have sent out dozens of updates to every email I have recieved.
Did you send it to bobt?
or bob?
Some people send it to Bob.. That goes into my junk email box.

There is also the problem with Spam blockers removing
zip files.
So I can respond to you and you never get the email
because I attached a zip file.
Thank the internet for that.
Whatever the reason its not for lack of trying or
ignoring you.

I am home at night after 8pm central.
If you need stuff give me a buzz. 815 370 9101.
I should be able to answer questions then.

Bob

goodrichm
09-12-2005, 11:55 AM
The Internet can be very frusting as we all know. I highly suspect that your ISP and/or email server is blocking the files that Bob is trying to send to you. Even if you've been with the same one forever, policies change sometimes without notice. I recently found that GMail blocks certain file types to avoid spreading viruses.

I don't want to start a shooting match :argue: , but Bob Tasa has ALWAYS quickly responded to my emails and plugin support requests; mostly same day turnaround. I definitely fall into the satisfied customer category. BobT ROCKS!!! :bowdown: ...Mark

David
09-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Bobt, I should get a discout for starting this thread. LOL

Looks like your on top of things now!

JReble
09-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Bob,

Thanks for keeping us all posted. Unfortunately, I must report that I've e-mailed you at BobT some time ago and have not received any response. I too am needing the 4.5 update, so whatever way you can figure to get that to me it would be much appreciated. I just keep wondering why updates cannot be posted to your website?

Bobt
09-13-2005, 07:37 PM
J I need you email address and what you require.
Send me private message here and I will send you stuff.

Bob

JReble
09-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Got mine. Bob sent it to my work address and it didn't come through. Strangely it didn't give me a notifyer about being unable to accept the email either like others do. He finally sent to my home email and it came through. I'll get 'er up and running in the next day or so.

wvp
09-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Got mine too via the same method.
I think it would far easier if we could get an email annoucing the update.

JReble
09-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Yup, and then just download the update. It's not like it's of any use until it's registered anyway.

Bobt
09-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I have one more plugin that is pressing to write after
Oasis is done. (3 Color wheel)

When its done I will address all the web crap as I kick back
a bit from kicking my own :boogiedow
making plugin after plugin.
I want to go back and edit some video and do some art...
What do you guys think?

Bob