PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: Rove Tool

WilliamVaughan
09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Rove Tool
Modeler: Modify Tool

Learn how to use the Rove tool to Move and Rotate with a single modify tool in Modeler.

Running Time: 2 min
Size: 12 meg

Click Here (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/Rove.mov)

hrgiger
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing for these little tutorials, I would never learn these little tools otherwise.

Thanks for the tutorial Vaughn.

KillMe
09-01-2005, 05:55 PM
shame it doesn't have the rotate handles in the perspective window as it works better tahn the gizmo's of most apps since you can quickly and easily positon it out of the way - would be nice if it could remain active though while allowing you to make selctions somehow though i suppose map it to a key and thats not an issue any more tha using the move tool

cresshead
09-01-2005, 07:41 PM
would be nice if the next version [9] had this built into the move tool's numeric rollout so unifying the move tool into just one super tool... and also had the ability to use different co ordinate space's such as world/local/parent/selected normal in modeler...maybe in version 9...if this is coming anyway but if not then here's my hint to do so! :thumbsup:

of and cheers for the ace mini tutorial noce one proton! :lwicon:

Silkrooster
09-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I recall seeing a video on the rove tool about a year ago. I don't recall who created the tut. But the rove tool works excellent with extender plus. Allowing you to move and rotate new geomery with out having to switch tools.
Silk

T-Light
09-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Excellent.

I just haven't been paying enough attention, Didn't even know of it's existence.:)

Cheers.

paulhart
09-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the video, I am sure that it is one of many tools that I do not know about. Yes.... I have a manual, and yes, I use the Help section routinely, but this one slipped by unnoticed. So glad to find out about it. I immediately moved a copy out of the "more" section to a more prominent place on the same menu. To bad the "r" key is taken, may change that now that I know about the rove tool. And... yes, I agree that this kind of consolidation is more efficient. On to version 9!!!! and here is my vote for the continued presentation of these kind of videos. Very helpful. Solid way of demonstrating what a great program that Lightwave is, and can be.
Paul

Silkrooster
09-02-2005, 12:09 AM
I agree so many tools do slip by. Mostly because they are hidden behind the more button. But, even if they weren't I know some would still slip by, simply because of the vast number of tools at our disposal. Unless you can use every tool every day, you are going to forget about some of them. (Unless you are one of the lucky ones that is still sharp as a whip :stumped: )
Silk

WilliamVaughan
09-02-2005, 05:02 AM
everyone get into their own routine of using teh same tools to get the job done....we all forget about some of teh cool tools LW has.

I spend alot of time showing people stuff and get to hear them say "oh yeah....I've used that before"

I'm guilty of that as well :twak:

theo
09-03-2005, 08:46 AM
These little movies you produce Proton are literal nuggets of information. I rarely ever pass up a Proton movie because of this.