PDA

View Full Version : GIS Landscapes, Particles etc..and Screamer

tonypete
09-01-2005, 08:29 AM
OK, my office is finally to the point of setting up a render farm that I can use to render my animations. Here is my question.

I use a lot of GIS Nurb Landscapes, emmiters in combination with wind and such and cloth simulations. I have noticed that when you load a scene with these elements, you have to manually set certain paramaters every time the scene loads. Like the GIS Landscapes will pause in the middle of loading the scene and ask you about the elevations of the Landscape, and you have to manually set them and click on OK. With the emmiters and cloth, you have to re-calculate the simulation when you load the scene anew in order for it to work.

Both of these things seem to throw Screamer into a fit, and I am wondering if there is some kind of work-around, or another network rendering tool that will handle these kinds of things?

Thanks for any tips.

Lightwolf
09-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I have noticed that when you load a scene with these elements, you have to manually set certain paramaters every time the scene loads. Like the GIS Landscapes will pause in the middle of loading the scene and ask you about the elevations of the Landscape, and you have to manually set them and click on OK. With the emmiters and cloth, you have to re-calculate the simulation when you load the scene anew in order for it to work.
Are you using a content directory structure?

What are the paths for your objects and scenes, are they identical from every machine?

Did you save out the dynamics to a file?

Where are your render nodes installed? What config files are they using?

The more information you provide, the more we can help you.

Cheers,
Mike

Mebek
09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Dynamics will not save with the scene, they need to be saved to a file. Click on the File tab under Dynamics, save it to a file. Then save the scene. Now the calculations will be saved.

For the other stuff, don't know about it. I know that not all plugins work over ScreamerNet.