PDA

View Full Version : Tree Designer

BazC
09-01-2005, 01:55 AM
I've been looking at Pawel Olas' Tree Designer and leaves generator plugs and they look very easy to use and excellent for broadleaf/deciduous trees. There's very little mention of conifers on the site though. Has anyone used these plugins to create pines, firs, redwoods etc?

The plugs are so cheap and easy to use in comparrison to X-Frog or Onyx that I'll probably get them anyway but it would be nice to know they can do decent conifers! - Baz

ingo
09-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Just look here :

http://www.doschdesign.com/products/3d/Trees_Conifers_V2.html

AFAIK they are made with Tree- and Leave designer.

BazC
09-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Thanks Ingo, they look pretty good, but why do you think they were made with tree/leaf designer?

Thomas
09-01-2005, 04:41 AM
They simply are... :)

TreeDesigner and LeavesGenerator are absolutely worth their money!

EDIT: As for conifers, haven't tried that yet...

Regards

Thomas

BazC
09-01-2005, 07:18 AM
"They simply are... "

LOL! Well I don't doubt it, I just wondered where the info came from! I can't see anything about the app used to create the trees on the site :(

Thomas
09-01-2005, 07:24 AM
I can't see anything about the app used to create the trees on the site :(

Well, Pawel states so at the bottom of his page: http://www.polas.net/trees/examples.php

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude...

And, as I said. They rock!

brg

Thomas

BazC
09-01-2005, 08:23 AM
"Sorry, didn't mean to be rude... "

No! That's OK. I appreciate your input! :) I missed that footnote on Pawel's site, thanks for pointing it out! I'm sold! :)

Thomas
09-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Good!

While you're there, pick up a copy of GrassGenerator as well, it's awesome...

Wonder if I could get a provision :D

BazC
09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Good!

While you're there, pick up a copy of GrassGenerator as well, it's awesome...

Wonder if I could get a provision :D

The grass looks cool but the poly count must get pretty huge pretty quick doesn't it? Isn't saslight a bit more memory efficient? Mind you, I can imagine teaming GrassGenerator with HDInstance (if they ever produce a Mac version!) for some spectacular results!

Thomas
09-01-2005, 08:49 AM
The grass tests I've done so far, limited as they are, has learned me that polys render faster. Even if the scene gets heavier.

Plus the fact that they're animatable!

I just hide them from view so they don't bog down the display speed.

Yeah! HD instance for mac would be great!

BazC
09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info, you've been a BIG help! :thumbsup:
Cheers - Baz

Paul_Newman
11-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Can anyone suggest ways to use TreeDesigner and LeavesGenerator to simulate the wind swaying the branches and the leaves rustling?