PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave no longer loads images

Mebek
08-31-2005, 04:16 PM
I had a system crash earlier today, while working on a scene. When I rebooted, XP restored a bunch of files and I was able to get all my settings back in LW the way I like them (although default settings were reverted initially). However, besides one corrupted scene file, LW will not load any image files. I tried using Image Editor, as well as the (load image) option in the texture panels. I can find the file just fine, and have verified that none of the images I'm trying to load are corrupted, but it just doesn't load up. This happens in both layout and modeler.

I really don't want to reinstall LW right now, but if it's unavoidable then oh well. Just wanted to know if there's anything else I should look at first.

There might be other problems too, I just haven't looked everywhere yet.

Mebek
08-31-2005, 04:20 PM
:foreheads :foreheads :foreheads :foreheads

nevermind. Realized that since my default settings had been reinstated before, it also drained the plugins from the cfg files. Just needed to re-scan.

Even us "experienced" users can have a massive brain fart every now and then.

Silkrooster
08-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Don't I know it.
Silk

kjl
08-31-2005, 11:01 PM

Luckily newbies like me don't have that problem - we're just stuck in an bottomless pit of idiocy ;)

Lightwolf
09-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Luckily newbies like me don't have that problem - we're just stuck in an bottomless pit of idiocy ;)
:lol: Not if they're newbies with a sense of humour ;)

Cheers,
Mike

StereoMike
09-01-2005, 02:47 AM
brain fart? that sounds funny.

Anyone wanna pull my finger?

http://www.misternicehands.com/#greatest

Lightwolf
09-01-2005, 02:49 AM
brain fart? that souns funny.
Yeah, but down here in south Germany we use it the other way around... for an idea and not the lack of one ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Weetos
09-01-2005, 03:32 AM
brain fart? that sounds funny.

Anyone wanna pull my finger?

http://www.misternicehands.com/#greatest

:lol: Now that's fun !